I usually don't stay at Crowne Plazas but the hotel I wanted to stay at was booked solid. The hotels website made it seem like it was set in a "resort" setting and it seemed to be centrally located. Heres the good - The hotel is centrally located, its close to downtown Asheville and a short drive to the Biltmore estate. The room was nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The lobby of the hotel is very nice and has a large fireplace. Breakfast was not included but the continental breakfast was only $12 for two people.
Heres what I did not like: The hotels website makes it seem as if it is a resort...this hotel is not a resort. The pictures that you see are of a newly built lobby and conference room area. The rooms are in a building that I would say was built in the 70's. The rooms are remodeled...but the overhaul of the rooms and hallways was mediocre at best. I stayed at the hotel for three days and during my stay the conference rooms were packed. On my first day, the conference rooms were being used by an organization called "narcotics anoymous". The entrance used to enter the building where my room was also happened to be the closest entrance for the conference room. The attendants of the narcotics anonymous conference would gather there, probably 40 at a time to smoke...I felt like I was in a prison yard when I would pass by them. The next two days, the conference rooms were being used by a Christian church group...there was probably about 300 guests. During the breaks, the guest would gather in the hallways of the guest rooms. There were people everywhere. During the two days of the Christian conference there was no parking...most of the guests that actually were staying in the hotel had to park in the fire lane or on the golf course. Don't get me wrong, both the narcotics anonymous and Christian groups are within there rights to fully use the facilities they have rented. My problem is that the hotel management does not monitor them nor keep them out of the guest areas...they should have been kept within the conference room areas.
If you are driving to the hotel...you might get lost getting there. My car has a built in navigation system that has always been 100% acurate. It took me over 15 minutes to find the road that leads to the hotel. I spoke to another guest that also got lost while using his navigation system. The entrance is very tricky, especially if you are looking for it at night...if possible try to get to the hotel while there is day light.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, a sanctuary of elegance and a welcome retreat from the busy world. Nestled against the majestic backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains on 125 acres, this year-round resort provides all the comforts for the leisure and business traveler alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Asheville
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Asheville