My parents and I stayed at this hotel for 1 nights July 5, 2007. I booked the stay with Hilton Honors Reward Points. Initially, I had wanted to stay at the Doubletree Biltmore (also a member of the Hilton Family), but I had read negative reviews so I switched to the Homewood Suites. Smart move on my part!
The hotel is conveniently located and is in the heart of a shopping and dining mecca. Nearby restaurants include Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chili's, TGI Fridays, and the like. There is a shopping mall with a movie theater and similar retail/entertainment offerings. We had a little trouble getting to the hotel from the Biltmore estate, but this is the fault of MapQuest, not Homewood.
This Homewood Suites is either new or very recently renovated, as everything is fresh and sparkling. Check-in could not have been more simple, and they treated me like paying guest, unlike some hotels who seem to sneer at people using rewards points (HELLO! How do you think I got those points? Mostly by being very loyal to your brand!). Anyway, we arrived at about 5:15 and they were just setting up the mini-meal. We had plans to eat out, but I walked through the dining area to check it out anyway. It was a Mexican Lasagna served with chips/salsa and a wide variety of beverages. I was impressed with the spread but can't comment on the actual quality of the food, as we didn't try it. They do have a calendar of meals posted in the guestrooms, and their other offerings include soup/salad, manager barbeque, and lasagna (I guess that's Italian lasagna, not Mexican).
The room itself was very clean and attractively furnished. We had a full-sized fridge, good-quality microwave, dishwasher, and 2-burner stovetop. There was a decent selection of dinnerware, and glasses as well as mugs. They provide a small selection of coffee and tea, along with microwave popcorn. The bathroom was large, with a separate vanity area. We were happy to find generous Neutrogena amenities at the sink. My parents slept in the bedroom (they said the bed was fantastic), and I had the sofabed. It was a little lumpy, but it made up very easily. We appreciated the DVD player and ended up renting a movie from the Blockbuster down the street because we were so tired after our long day at Biltmore, all we wanted to do was veg out.
Breakfast the next morning was a real treat. After reading some of the reviews, I was a little nervous about what we would find, but it was awesome. To begin with, the breakfast area has seating for about 40 diners, which is very important to me. I HATE showing up for breakfast and finding a total of 6 chairs at 3 tiny tables. Second, they had 4 staff members working the area, which meant everything was kept filled at the stations and dishes were cleared from tables in a timely manner. The selection was the best I have seen for a complimentary spread. They had Dannon Lite N Fit Yogurt (lots of flavors), 6 types of cereal, individual packs of oatmeal and cream of wheat, fresh fruit salad, several types of danish, bagels, and donuts, a variety of bread for toast, the eggs and bacon, 4 types of fresh juice, skim, 1%, and whole milk, and a variety of coffee and teas.
All in all, I thought this was a fantastic value for my 30,000 points, and if we return to Asheville I would gladly pay full price to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full renovation completed in Spring of 2017. Experience Asheville’s finest all-suites luxury hotel located within minutes of downtown Asheville, Biltmore Estate and the city’s finest dining. At Homewood Suites by Hilton, Asheville, extra room is just the beginning. Our spacious and roomy suites have separate living and sleeping areas, work desks with complimentary internet, fully equipped kitchens and new high definition LCD televisions. Start your day with a complimentary hot breakfast served in our all-new fireplace lobby and Monday-Thursday evenings, you can look forward to a complimentary evening social. Make your luxurious mountain vacation dream come true at Asheville’s new Homewood Suites by Hilton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton - Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Homewood Suites Asheville
- Homewood Asheville
- Asheville Homewood Suites