“Great place to stay!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I visit Asheville about one a quarter and have not had a lot of luck with hotels..until now! Exactly what I was looking - Great location, comfortable rooms and friendly staff! I have found my go to hotel in Asheville!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in January 2014 and had a wonderful experience!! The staff was wonderful and the room was very nice and very clean!! We stayed in a 1 bedroom whirlpool and it was so nice to have a kitchen. It is in a wonderful location.. Very close to downtown Asheville and Biltmore Estates. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a nice, clean, roomy place to stay.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was our eighth or ninth stay at this hotel. We seem to always have adequate suite, food, and ease of location for access to downtown and the Biltmore Village along with the River Arts District. This stay it did rain almost all of the time but it is January after all. We will return and look forward to staying in the Homewood Suites on Tunnel Road.

Thank Daniel A. N
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Please don't take this review the wrong way. The hotel was gorgeous, the room was perfect and immaculately cleaned, the pool was wonderful, and the front desk staff and manager were extremely friendly and helpful. The one problem we did encounter was with the breakfast and dinner service. We went during the busiest times, 9:30 AM and 6:30 PM. The small kitchen was pushed way over capacity. The poor staff couldn't bring the food and beverages out fast enough. It was like a feeding frenzy at a zoo. Very inefficient buffet style dining. Worked fine at 7 AM but definitely not worth the hassle during busier times. The poor folks doing this job are overworked and underpaid, so please tip them well!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Akbugguy
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I've come out to Asheville to cover some night shifts for the hospital. Three days into stay I noticed there had not been any housekeeping. I called the front desk requesting service before 9am or after 4pm given that I sleep during the day. I was told housekeeping staff were available only between 930 and 230!
I decided to hang out my DONotDisturb sign and go to bed only to be woken at 1 with a phone call informing me that the housekeeping staff would be going home as I had my DND sign out! Seriously, they called and WOKE me to tell me my DONotDisturb sign was out!
This prompted me to complain on the Hilton's website- in response I found a terse letter sitting on the coffee table the next morning in my room which HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED asking that if I had needs, to please discuss them with the front desk. So I called said front desk who informed me that if I wanted my room cleaned the best they could do was have it be the first cleaned at 930 and that I should stay awake and await the staff!
While the housekeeper was polite and kind and may have felt rushed to finish- she did not do a thorough job, making staying up even more irritating.
Obviously the Hilton has FAILED in Thierry customer service here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing comments about your stay. I apologize that our housekeeping staff does not start their day before 8:30 a.m. and that cleaning your suite first did not work out for you. We are sorry that we disturbed your sleep with our call, as we were not aware of your situation and wanted to make sure you were taken care of. We can restrict phone calls to suites when we are aware of guests' needs. We are sorry we were not able to meet your needs but hope to have another opportunity in the future.
Troy Ferguson

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Best place I have ever stayed. Everyone of the staff was beyond compare in courtesy and treated the guests wonderfully. The free breakfast every morning was a full breakfast not just a continental breakfast. Four days a week we also received a free dinner. Try it, you'll love it!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Pat J
Reviewed January 8, 2014

.....reasonably priced hotel in Asheville. Extremely clean. Great staff. Yummy breakfast and bed and pillows very very comfy. Staff left everything for the suite, papertowels, dishwasher detergent, silverware. Exercise room very good as well. Front desk and breakfast staff and room service very nice and professional. Great location in Asheville as well. Close to Biltmore, Downtown, lots of restaurants, grocery store. Just great value