“Comfortablel and Convienent”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 16, 2008

I stayed here one night with my family of two adults and 3 children ages 3,5 and 9. We decided to stop to visit the Biltmore Estate while driving to Atlanta from Baltimore and chose this hotel to stay for the night because of the price. We got a special deal for $50 a night for a King studio suite. The studio suite was small for a family of 5. It had a king bed and a pull out sofa. My daughter and I shared the bed and my husband and two boys camped out on the sofa. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nice and had a variety of hot and cold selections. The hotel is only about 5 minutes drive from the Biltmore Estate.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank echima
Write a ReviewReviews (1,481)

Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stayed here after reading several tripadvisor reviews. They were correct. Great staff. Knowledgable. Everyone that worked there said Hello! and was willing to help with any of our needs. The room was clean and the bed was so easy to sleep in! We had a king suite. We traveled with our 2 young kids so we all fit. The only cons were the room was a little small kinda like your first apartment, but better decorated. The water pressure was very low even when you changed the shower head settings. Also hint* if you go to exploreasheville.com they have a 10%coupon for the hotel and also some other deals. We would stay here again without question!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mountaintravelero8
Reviewed June 27, 2008

We had 5 people staying in the suites. Worked awesome for us since we had 3 beds to divide between us. There was free pizza at dinner time and a great free breakfast in the morning. Our beds were comfortable and my son didn't complain about the sleeper sofa.
There was plenty of room for us. Check in people were nice though they did let people from off site use the laundry and that set us back a lot timewise. Really convenient for Biltmore and after that, easy to get onto I-40.
We loved it. So hard to go back to regular rooms after suites!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank elawson
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We stayed 2 nights at Homewood Suites Asheville to visit the Biltmore house, and tour the surrounding area. I booked my stay using Hilton Honors points, and requested 2 queen beds as my fiance was having problems with his back, and wanted his own bed. When we arrived to check in, I inquired about our room, to make sure we received two queen beds, and was told that there were no queen rooms available. Later that evening, I went online and checked, and saw that the website showed availability for 2 queen beds. I went down to the front desk to see if we could be moved, and to show them that the website showed the room being available. I was told that 2 queen beds are an upgrade, and when using Hilton Honors points, guests are booked in a king room. The room with queen beds was available, but we were lied to, and told there was no availability. I explained the situation with my fiance's back and also told her that I am a Hilton Honors Gold member, and my fiance is a diamond member. She would not allow us to change rooms, and said there was nothing she could do. When I asked for a manager she said that she was one and that was the hotel's policy. The price difference between our room and 2 queen beds was $10 dollars. It was not like we were asking to be upgraded to a very expensive room. We were not even offered the option to pay the difference between the two rooms, which I found out later we should have been allowed to do. Also both my fiance and I are suppose to have preferred status with Hilton, but this hotel would not recognize it. We have stayed at other Homewood Suites and have been upgraded without even asking. We used 30,000 points/night for this property which is alot considering we could have stayed at a Hilton for the same number of points.
As far as the room, I believe that because we were using points we were put in an inferior room. Our bathroom had mold on the ceiling above the shower, and large rust stains in the grout. The first night there, the air conditioning stopped halfway through the night and my fiance and I roasted until morning. When I told the front desk about the air conditioner, I was instructed to make sure we did not have the thermostat turned to the fan setting and that the air conditioner should automatically kick on . We tried it again the following night, but the same thing happened. It would work for awhile and then die. It probably needed a charge,
Upon checking out, I told the clerk about the air conditioning and 2 nights without much sleep. She said that she would have someone look into it, which did not do us any good as we were checking out.
The restaurant does do a nice job with the meals. When we were there, they were taking suggestions for improvements for the dining area. My only suggestions were, that we had chocolate chip cookies at night at other Homewood Suites. I was informed that this hotel only does this on the weekends. Also at breakfast it would be nice if there was a waffle machine. Many hotels have this, for people who don't want eggs or cereal. Homewood Suites are great in that you get both breakfast and dinner.
The hotel is conveniently located near Biltmore and close to major highways, We did trips to Chimney Rock and Grandfather Mountain and enjoyed both places.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tracil5932
Reviewed May 18, 2008

My husband and I just spent two nights at the Homewood Suites during a visit to Biltmore Mansion. We booked the hotel through the Biltmore web site so everything was taken care of and paid for before we even left our house. We had a King Suite which was very nice size, well appointed furniture, completely stocked kitchen, plenty of fluffy towels, good quality toilitries, and very comfortable bed with extra pilllows and blankets. There was even microwave popcorn! The breakfast was good and plentiful with many selections, both hot and cold. The location was convenient to Biltmore Mansion and the staff were VERY friendly and helpful. The only thing I saw wrong at all was it was a little noisy with being able to hear water running, etc. itn the rooms above us. but this was not a problem after 10:00 p.m. We definitly will stay at the Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank iluuvhawaii
Reviewed April 28, 2008

A new and well run hotel whose rooms justify the term ‘suites’. Each has a kitchen/living room and a separate bedroom with bathroom. They are just big enough to accommodate a good range of furniture, with a sofa, armchair, desk + chair, and dining table + two chairs. They are quiet and everything works. The staff are efficient and friendly. There is a complimentary buffet Monday to Thursday with (was I dreaming?) free beer. The hotel is located in a newly developed car-accessed retail/hotel area.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Our family of five, two adults and three children spent four nights at the Homewood Suites in Asheville and we had a wonderful experience. Was deciding between there and Residence Inn Ashville and went with the Homewood because of the meals. Definitely made a great decision. The suites were clean, good sized, and nicely decorated. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Best of all was the generous and healthy dinners and breakfasts each day, with fresh fruit, wine, beer, salads, etc. Overall atmosphere of the hotel is quiet, calm, elegant and relaxing. Other guests we met seemed to enjoy the hotel too. We would highly recommend this if looking for a peaceful, clean, all-encompassing hotel with great food. Close to Biltmore, downtown Ashville, area parks and Smokies 30 minutes away. Pool and hot tub nice too. Can't go wrong here!!! You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2008