We stayed 2 nights at Homewood Suites Asheville to visit the Biltmore house, and tour the surrounding area. I booked my stay using Hilton Honors points, and requested 2 queen beds as my fiance was having problems with his back, and wanted his own bed. When we arrived to check in, I inquired about our room, to make sure we received two queen beds, and was told that there were no queen rooms available. Later that evening, I went online and checked, and saw that the website showed availability for 2 queen beds. I went down to the front desk to see if we could be moved, and to show them that the website showed the room being available. I was told that 2 queen beds are an upgrade, and when using Hilton Honors points, guests are booked in a king room. The room with queen beds was available, but we were lied to, and told there was no availability. I explained the situation with my fiance's back and also told her that I am a Hilton Honors Gold member, and my fiance is a diamond member. She would not allow us to change rooms, and said there was nothing she could do. When I asked for a manager she said that she was one and that was the hotel's policy. The price difference between our room and 2 queen beds was $10 dollars. It was not like we were asking to be upgraded to a very expensive room. We were not even offered the option to pay the difference between the two rooms, which I found out later we should have been allowed to do. Also both my fiance and I are suppose to have preferred status with Hilton, but this hotel would not recognize it. We have stayed at other Homewood Suites and have been upgraded without even asking. We used 30,000 points/night for this property which is alot considering we could have stayed at a Hilton for the same number of points.
As far as the room, I believe that because we were using points we were put in an inferior room. Our bathroom had mold on the ceiling above the shower, and large rust stains in the grout. The first night there, the air conditioning stopped halfway through the night and my fiance and I roasted until morning. When I told the front desk about the air conditioner, I was instructed to make sure we did not have the thermostat turned to the fan setting and that the air conditioner should automatically kick on . We tried it again the following night, but the same thing happened. It would work for awhile and then die. It probably needed a charge,
Upon checking out, I told the clerk about the air conditioning and 2 nights without much sleep. She said that she would have someone look into it, which did not do us any good as we were checking out.
The restaurant does do a nice job with the meals. When we were there, they were taking suggestions for improvements for the dining area. My only suggestions were, that we had chocolate chip cookies at night at other Homewood Suites. I was informed that this hotel only does this on the weekends. Also at breakfast it would be nice if there was a waffle machine. Many hotels have this, for people who don't want eggs or cereal. Homewood Suites are great in that you get both breakfast and dinner.
The hotel is conveniently located near Biltmore and close to major highways, We did trips to Chimney Rock and Grandfather Mountain and enjoyed both places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full renovation completed in Spring of 2017. Experience Asheville’s finest all-suites luxury hotel located within minutes of downtown Asheville, Biltmore Estate and the city’s finest dining. At Homewood Suites by Hilton, Asheville, extra room is just the beginning. Our spacious and roomy suites have separate living and sleeping areas, work desks with complimentary internet, fully equipped kitchens and new high definition LCD televisions. Start your day with a complimentary hot breakfast served in our all-new fireplace lobby and Monday-Thursday evenings, you can look forward to a complimentary evening social. Make your luxurious mountain vacation dream come true at Asheville’s new Homewood Suites by Hilton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton - Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Homewood Suites Asheville
- Homewood Asheville
- Asheville Homewood Suites