“Exceeded my expectations!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently stayed six nights at the Homewood Suites by Hilton - Ashville. Staying anywhere for six nights you're bound to have some sort of issue, right? Well, not at this hotel. The beds are comfortable and the rooms spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet each morning offered an amazing selection of tasty foods. We were pleasantly surprised to learn that the hotel also offers complementary dinner Mon - Thurs. along with beer and wine. The food was great and it was wonderful not to have to worry about where to eat after a full day. The equiptment in the gym is up to date and very clean. Towels and water are provided. The pool and hot tub was also nice. Like most hotels, small children who are obviously not toilet trained are permited in the pool which is always a disapointment to me. We found the entire staff to be friendly and helpful... always greeting us and ready to answer any question. Would absolutely stay here again and at another Homewood Suites by Hilton. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kellyisbicoastal

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Everything was just OK about this property. Decor a little worn. Breakfast a little like something from the supermarket frozen package section. Bed a little lumpy. Internet a little slow.

Choose over Doubletree and Hampton for suite space as I had my daughter's family of 2 along with me.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I took the kids for a quick trip to Asheville to get away from home and relax. We chose Homewood Suites as an option after we stayed in one in Ohio in December. Needless to say, the hotel was BEAUTIFUL and clean. When I booked the reservation, I accidentally booked a king studio, when I wanted the one bedroom suite with the king bed. I called down to the front desk, and they changed my room without any hesitation or complaint. The room was cozy and the bed was comfortable. The gym area was clean and the machines were not complicated. They also had individually wrapped headphones for the guests if they did not have any. The pool area was nice and clean as well. My children really enjoyed the pool. Breakfast was ok, not that impressive. I am glad I packed some oatmeal for my son, since he is a picky eater. The hotel is conveniently located near the interstate and restaurants. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would stay there again when we are in the Asheville area.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Patti is the housekeeping manager. I am so impressed with her. I stayed at this property in November of 2011, and I loved the bed. It was the best hotel bed I had slept in. I am now searching for a new mattress, and I called the hotel. The girl at the front desk transferred me to Patti--the housekeeping director/manager. She was incredibly helpful. She was so kind and went to the room (after finding which room I stayed in), and she looked at the bed and called me back. I couldn't believe how helpful she was. This is a nice hotel. The location isn't the best, and the parking is a bit messed up, but I did like the hotel and the kitchen and of course, the mattress. It is so hard to find a hotel with a comfortable mattress. It was a Serta perfect sleeper, btw. Anyway, I wanted to thank Patti for going above and beyond. She is a huge asset to this hotel and to the Hilton properties. I hope she is recognized. When we return to Asheville, we will stay at this property. The food is excellent too and Robbie at the front desk was super pleasant. Thanks Patti for all of your help and for going above and beyond! Susie

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SusanD145
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for being our guest in November 2011 and we are happy you found the mattresses so comfortable. Thank you for sharing your comments about Patti, she truly is a bright shining star. We hope you get a chance to stay with us again soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel offers the closest thing to a home while on the road. The hotel is conveniently located to downtown, shopping, and the freeway but it is quiet and welcoming. I had not been to this hotel in two years but the Manager still remembered me from my stays before!

The two room suites are spacious and the furniture is quite comfortable. Wireless is free and very fast. The beds are very comfortable! The room is spotless. The hotel staff all are very professional and stop to speak to guests even if they are on the way to do something.

You can check in electronically 24 hours before arriving and you can see views of your desired room while on line before making a selection.

The food is excellent both during breakfast and also during the Manager's dinner (M-Thurs), all part of the room cost.

If you travel for business or pleasure, this is a great hotel to select. You will not be disappointed and there are no unpleasant surprises.

Room Tip: select the upper floors with a back view (facing east) for quiet and privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank billparker105

Thank you for making our Homewood Suites by Hilton your home away from home and for sharing your kind words with fellow travelers. We are happy you found our place so comfortable and our team friendly, and hope to see you again on your visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel was as advertised. Very good quality, courteous staff. The facilities were clean & the breakfast offered was good & offered a daily variety. The evening reception was great as well.
Our suite was clean, comfortable & spacious & the cleaning staff friendly & efficient. The full size appliances in the kitchen would make it a comfortable place for a longer stay.
We made use of the fitness center, pool & hot tub during our stay. All areas were kept clean & in good working order.
Our only complaint would be that the mattress in our room was uncomfortable; not uncomfortable enough to leave the hotel, but it would be a good time for the hotel to upgrade.
I would stay here again, especially at the off season rates!

1  Thank tibrick

We truly appreciate that you stayed with us during your visit to Asheville, and are happy you enjoyed some of the amenities that we have. We appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration. We hope to see you again soon.
Cordially Yours,

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had a girlfriend's weekend trip to Asheville this month and chose to stay at Homewood Suites on Tunnel Road. Perfect location and close to downtown, where we explored. Room was comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful! Warm breakfast was good. We enjoyed our short stay and will certainly return!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gaterp
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us for the girlfriends weekend trip. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to be your homebase on your next visit to the Asheville Area.
Best Regards,