We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Asheville, NC for a quick overnight in January 2013. Since we've stayed here a few times in the past, it felt like returning home. One of the primary reasons we chose to stay the first time is that we are a family of 5 and like to have room to spread out. While some other hotels call rooms suites even though there are no separate living and sleeping spaces, we've found the Homewood Suites to have very roomy suites with separate living and sleeping areas. It works very well for us as the younger kids can go to sleep and the older kids can stay up watching TV without bothering the rest of the family. The free breakfast and dinners are a nice touch too. We also choose this hotel for the indoor pool as my 7 YO LOVES to swim. It did not disappoint.
While the amenities are great, the true gem here is the staff. They've always gone out of their way to make our experience a very pleasant one and they really make you feel at home. We had a lovely conversation with the manager one morning at breakfast when our youngest was acting up a bit. He was absolutely charming and really connected with our son. The reception, restaurant and housekeeping staff are also very warm and welcoming and have gone out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. For example, we missed the complimentary dinner one night but my son mentioned that he wanted dessert. The restaurant staff were in the process of cleaning up before leaving for the night, but went to get him a piece of pie and asked if I wanted one too. It would have been very easy for them to continue cleaning up and tell my son that dinner was over but they went the extra mile.
The housekeeping staff is also extremely honest. My daughter accidentally left her IPod and charger behind when we checked out. The housekeeping staff found it and brought it to the staff at the front desk who called us and kept it until we could stop by and pick it up. Everything was totally intact which was a major miracle in my book. I've had plenty of friends who have lost electronics in hotels without ever having them returned. We are very thankful that the staff at the hotel is so honest and trustworthy.
All in all, this hotel provides a great value for the money but the real difference is the wonderful individuals who made our stay(s) special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full renovation completed in Spring of 2017. Experience Asheville’s finest all-suites luxury hotel located within minutes of downtown Asheville, Biltmore Estate and the city’s finest dining. At Homewood Suites by Hilton, Asheville, extra room is just the beginning. Our spacious and roomy suites have separate living and sleeping areas, work desks with complimentary internet, fully equipped kitchens and new high definition LCD televisions. Start your day with a complimentary hot breakfast served in our all-new fireplace lobby and Monday-Thursday evenings, you can look forward to a complimentary evening social. Make your luxurious mountain vacation dream come true at Asheville’s new Homewood Suites by Hilton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton - Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Homewood Suites Asheville
- Homewood Asheville
- Asheville Homewood Suites