New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Asheville
Danville, Ky
“Great place to call home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was the perfect place to stay on a "girlfriend trip". The staff were very friendly and made us feel so much at home. Everyone had a smile and "hello, how was your day?" attitude. Everything was clean and quiet. Breakfast was something different every day. The manager's reception seemed to be a nice dinner, but we were never there at that time. Location was good for the Biltmore and for shopping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your "girlfriend trip", and for sharing your experience. We are happy you had such a good time and look forward to seeing you again when you come back to the Asheville Area.
Troy Ferguson - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very clean friendly hotel on Tunnel Road, which is the main loop east of downtown Asheville- the shopping mall, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc.... I especially loved my stay because I was traveling alone. After touring all day, I came home to free dinner, with complimentary beer and wine. No it's not anything fancy, but after the free breakfast, and eating a good lunch while touring, it was a very pleasant way to spend my evenings. (I believe it's only Mondays thru Thursdays). Asheville is a compact town, you can drive to the Biltmore in 10 minutes from here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Texas2020
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for being our guest while visiting the Asheville Area. We are pleased you made yourself at home and were able to enjoy our hot full breakfast and dinner with drinks. We hope to see you visiting again soon.
Sturgis, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I reside in Michigan and planned to spend our 2-year wedding anniversary on a vacation to the mountains of North Carolina. We settled on Asheville as the perfect place to day trip from and, after reading endless reviews, setlled on Homewood Suites by Hilton as the hotel of choice. We were extremely pleased with our stay from check-in to check-out and if we ever return to western North Carolina will most definitely be staying here again. We booked our room, a King Suite, in advance and received an extremely low rate ($100/night) for a hotel of this class.

The location of the hotel cannot be beat as it is a quick minute from I-240 which is the main route to Asheville. The hotel is located within quick walking distance of a great variety of restaurants including Olive Garden and Red Lobster. The hotel was extremely clean and well-kept, the decor was aesthetically pleasing, and the staff were extremely courteous and friendly. The indoor pool area was well-kept and included a hot tub. The hot breakfasts were an important factor in our choosing this hotel and were even better than advertised! The menu was substantial, the variety from day to day was fantastic, the food was never in short supply, and the dining area was the best I've seen in any hotel. Best hotel breakfasts I've ever had, by far. The manager's reception offered Mon.-Thurs. is worth mentioning as well. We were able to save a substantial amount of money by utilizing the light meal offered by the hotel during the week. Similar to the breakfasts, we were pleasantly suprised by both the quality and variety offered at these meals, and would not deem them "light", as they are described by Hilton.

Our King Suite was fantastic and included two 32" flat screen TV's (one for the living area, another for the bedroom), a DVD player, computer desk, 2-person dining nook, kitchenette with full fridge, spacious bath, and king size bed. Perfect for our week-long stay.

The hotel offers small additional perks such as free DVD rental at the front desk and free transportation via hotel shuttle within so many miles of the hotel, which were a nice touch. Our stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton was fantastic and could not have been any better! Made for a perfect vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing the back of the hotel. Rooms facing the back have a fantastic...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Devin S
Thank you for staying with us while vacationing in the mountains for your anniversary. We appreciate you choosing us amongst all of the choices in the area. We are happy you were pleased with our location, cleanliness, our hot full breakfast, evening dinner with drinks, well equipped king suite and courtesy shuttle. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Hampstead, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while visiting the Biltmore Estate. We found the hotel to be quite nice. A breakfast buffet is included in the price and there are hot and cold foods available. The first morning they had quiche and bread pudding, both of which were very tasty. The second morning was scrambled eggs and cheese with sausage and grits. On Monday through Thursday nights they have free light food and wine in the same area. We did not try this so I can't comment on it. There are a number of chain restaurants within easy walking distance including Applebees, Olive Garden and Red Lobster. We had rented a car so getting to the Biltmore Estate is about a 5-10 minute drive. Since the Estate's driveway is a couple of miles long there are no hotels that are really walking distance anyway. I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Asheville area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Biltmore Estate and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We are glad you enjoyed our hot full breakfast and our central location. We hope to see you when you visit our area again.
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights and really enjoyed it. Our room faced the surrounding hills and had a great view. Nicely appointed rooms and decor. TV had few HD channels which was a bummer. Front desk was very helpful and one young man there was very willing to give us recommended restaurants that we would not otherwise have found. One is right next door...Cornerstone...and was great. In fact we ate there 3 times. another he recommended, Juicey Lucies, was a ways off but had a great burger. Close enough to the downtown and only a block off the Blue Ridge Pky and a couple of freeways made it very convenient. Breakfast was adequate, not great.

Room Tip: Room in the rear section for best views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while vacationing in the Asheville Area. We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your suite, the views of the surrounding mountains and our central location, just a mile and a half from the center of downtown Asheville. We do have all of the HD Channels available in the area and apologize you felt them lacking. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you returning soon.
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

And my first thought was to return to higher ground in Asheville at a hotel that we visited a year earlier. The reason we originally stayed here was that it popped up as one of trip advisors top family hotels and we thought it was the perfect prompt to visit Asheville !

After a day of no power and devestation and projections of no power for a week to 3 weeks -I wanted to evacuate- and having the resources- called the hotel directly. They had one room available ( I crossed checked that by visiting other discount sites and saw that there were no availabities!) one king handicap accessible suite with convertible couch - perfect for me and my 3 kids.

After a horrific drive - I checked in - looking like a water rat and three wet mice and the desk clerk didn't bat an eye! In fact she related stories about her own hurricane experiences.

The funny thing was that our room was # 300 - exactly the same room we had before- and it was absolutely pristine. We had quick showers - jumped in the serene whirlpool and indoor swimming pool- went across the the street to Big Lots for curling irons and personal necessities and arrived back in time for the managers complimentary dinner buffet. Now we own 3 restaurants and 1 bakery in Freehold NJ and we are goodies but dinner was great! The attendants were diligent and I appreciated not having to leave the hotel and/ or spend another $80 for 4 people ( my kids are 26 -14 and 13 so no kids meals here!)

I heard the forecast was not good for power restoration in NJ so I went to the front desk to prepare to beg for an additional 4 th night- but after flawless juggling- I was given the 4 th night at a great rate! THIS IS WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT THIS HOTEL! The staff is there when you need them and graciously invisible when you want to be alone!

I was surprised when I went back to my room to check on activities in Asheville and saw this hotel slipped in the ratings. I don't get that? But we also had a few bad reviews on Yelp for our businesses and we didn't agree with the reviewer - I guess some people can't be pleased or have an agenda. I'm just so grateful to have found this hotel over a year ago and it was my first thought to bring my kids to away from the hurricane. I'm really looking forward to my next few days here ad I promise to let you all know if there's a change in my opinion!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Francescakes
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for running here to escape the devastation in New Jersey. We are glad to be the place you have come to escaping the chaos back at home. Thank you for your warm comments about your experience so far, and we are happy that we got you back into a comfortable spot. We appreciate another opportunity to have you as our guest and please let us know if we can help with anything.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Let me say that overall the hotel was perfect for what we needed. The room of quarter size bed was big enough for both of us, the bed was very comfortable, the room very clean.The hotel is ideally located, surrounded by all kinds of restaurants and access to roads. away from the bustle of downtown but close enough. The reason I did not give it excellent, because breakfast was not typical of the Homewood suites, the selection is limited and of very poor quality and I want to clarify that we are not picky about the food, the dining room staff were very kind and efficient and quickly replaced what was missing but again the quality of the food was just ok. The manager reception was good if you wanted to save some money, but again nothing special, the first day beer did not come out just the foam, the employee tried to fix it but could not and ended up apologizing for the inconvenience,they have enough wine , juice and lemonade. Ultimately the reason I chose the Homewood Suite was for the extra amenities that I could save some money and I had tried other Homewood Suites and had been very pleased but not this time. Sorry but next time I'll try the Hampton that is a few blocks away.

Room Tip: Even number rooms have a mountain view and the laundry is on the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us while you were in the Asheville Area. We are happy that you enjoyed the suite you stayed in and our location. I am sorry that our breakfast and dinner with drinks did not meet your expectations. We strive hard to provide variety and the highest quality of items available, and apologize for your disappointment. We hope you reconsider and we see you again in the future.