“Excellent stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Homewood Suites is one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. The Housekeeping staff does an outstanding job, They were working every minute, the hotel is spotless. The front desk staff were great, very personable. If the shuttle is available, they're right there to take you where you need to go. My husband really appreciated the service, we drove 12 hours from NY, and he was exhausted. We spent a lot of time sightseeing, coming back and being able to take a swim was great. I felt like crying when we had to leave, I really felt at home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for being our guest while visiting from New York. We are so glad you made it safely to enjoy the Housekeeping and Front Desk staffs, and our Courtesy Shuttle Service. We hated to see you go, but don't cry because we will be right here waiting for you to return soon. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I just arrived home from a mini vacation with my husband. We wanted to go to a nice mountain retreat to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Issue #1...When we arrived at the hotel, there was a problem with my credit card, the bank never activated my card, causing it to decline, when actually there was plenty of money in the account. I gave them a different card and was checked in. Of course, this is not the hotel's fault (the bank corrected the error in the morning) after I was given the key, as soon as I went in the room, there was a loud humming that was coming from the air conditioner...giving me an instant headache! I requested a mountain view room, and they did comply with that...but due to the mechanical problem in the room...we had to leave. We were immediately given another room, which was bigger, but had an awful view ...or course, no mountains. We were told that there were no rooms available..OK, so I tried to call the front desk to ask about getting a room in the morning with mountain views and of course, the phone in the room was NOT working! I called the front desk with my cell, and was told that we could get another room in the morning. When I went to get my keys from the front desk in the morning I noticed something interesting. The people that were checking in were told that there was a free breakfast buffet, and a lite dinner with drinks in the evening. Guess what? No one ever told us that! There were two opportunitues for the front desk employees to explain the perks that the hotel provided for guests....Day one when we first arrived and the next morning when I had to pay for another night. I told the lady at the front desk that I was actually looking for another hotel to go to in the area, due to my dissapointment about the room. She arranged for us to leave our bags in the room and then the hotel employees would move them to the next room. As I looked around the hotel, I noticed that most of the people that looked like me and my husband, were cleaning the rooms. We did not see any other guests with the lovely, God given tans, that we have. I say this because I feel that we were not treated like other guests. I have stayed at many hotels, and they always make you feel welcome and want you to return. Obviously, they did not care if we came back or not! The last straw for us was when we checked out. The lobby was mopped and a huge hose was all through the hallway. My husband and I was carrying our bags out and I almost slipped on the floor, even though I had on sneakers. My husband stated, "this is dangerous, don't they care if someone falls on this wet floor?" As I was leaving, I gave the attendant my room key...Of course, she never said, "come back and see us" or "have a safe trip home" or "have a nice day" or ANYTHING!! As we walked to my car, I told my husband, "If I fall on this wet floor, I will own this hotel! But....realistically.... I would give it back, because it is totally unacceptable!"
Oh yeah, when we did look at the breakfast buffet, I took one look at the food and left immediately to go to a restaurant to have a "real" breakfast. We will definitely come back to beautiful Asheville, but we will NEVER return to Homewood Suites in Asheville NC on Tunnel Road!!!!! At least for us, we did not feel welcome, and I refuse to spend my money where I am not feeling welcomed or wanted and where I am treated like crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Blessed C

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your 25th Anniversary getaway. I apologize again for your experience and am glad we were able to communicate and resolve your concerns, as well as extend our Suite Assurance Guarantee for your entire stay. Thank you for the opportunity and we look forward to seeing you again hopefully soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed here a year ago and it was great. So we went again. Not so this time. The room smelled, all the bedding was so rumbled it looked like it had been wadded up. The shower curtain looked the same. Not very professional. Trash from previous guest still under sink. The coffee in lobby was just luke warm. Not at all as well cared for or as clean as last year. Breakfast was just okay and not up to the standard from previous year. The sad part is my son paid for our stay and it was certainly wasted money spent.

Room Tip: Do not tell the staff, as they did nothing to improve the room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us again recently, we appreciate your return visit and greatly value your business. I am sorry that this last experience has disappointed you the way it has. We do stand behind our Suite Assurance Guarantee, "We guarantee high-quality accomodations, friendly, efficient service and clean, comfortable surroundings. If you are not completely satisfied, please let us know. We'll make it right or your night's stay is free." I regret that I did not know of your disappointment before your departure as we don't expect you to pay if you are not satisfied. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again the next time you visit our area.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Our stay at the Homewood Suites was outstanding. The room was clean, the staff was excellent and very courteous. They went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The proximity of the hotel to area attractions could not be beat. I highly recommend the Homewood Suites and will be staying their on my next visit to Asheville.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest and leaving a review about your experience. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks as we checked out Asheville. The one bedroom suite was clean and comfortable with small kitchen and living/dining room. Customer service was consistent to a high standard from front desk to the breakfast and evening food service: the staff attitude seemed genuine and helpful. Although we did experience some glitches with housekeeping ranging from outstanding effort to accomodate our requests to not making up our room a couple of times (no big deal). Breakfast and evening food service was varied and generally excellent.

Hotel location was perfect for visiting downtown Asheville just a couple of miles away with easy access down I-240. Ingles supermarket is located just across Tunnell Road. We could not get our GPS to recognize the hotel address; it took us 3-4 miles south on Tunnel Road away from the actual location. Just remember exit I-240 at Junction 6 and you are within 100 metres of hotel!!

Room Tip: High floor facing I-240 (back of hotel) has a view of hills and just a little traffic noise, but OK...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us while checking out the Asheville Area and for sharing your comments with fellow travelers. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the service we provided, our location, breakfast and dinner. We apologize for the "glitches" and want you to know that we take guests' wishes seriously to privacy when the Privacy Please sign is on the door. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Having never visited Asheville before, we booked largely based on the tripadvisor reviews. What a great hotel! I would never stay anywhere else, should we revisit. Desk staff were outstanding. Being from New Zealand, we made the most of the shuttle service into town, and within a 5 mile radius. The staff were always available, willing and cheerful. Rooms were excellent. I honestly cannot fault this hotel. Go for it!

3  Thank iffy123
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Asheville for the first time. We truly appreciate your warm comments and are glad you enjoyed the service we provided and were able to take advantage of our Courtesy Shuttle service. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit our area.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We were thoroughly impressed with the Homewood Suites in Asheville, NC. We stayed for 4 nights and had a ball. The hotel is just minutes from the heart of downtown Asheville with all of it's funky little art stores, bars, restaurants and shops. The accommodations at the hotel were very nice, breakfast was included each day and was always fresh and tasty and M-TH nights they also have a free light meal that included wine and local beers on tap (also free!). Every morning we would pick a new direction to head or area we wanted to spend some time in and the staff would head us in the right direction. The location was perfect. And if you are in Asheville on a Friday evening during the warmer months, make sure you go to the drum circle downtown. It's a must see event and a lot of fun. Just google it because there are many video clips on the net.

Room Tip: All rooms with the whirlpool tubs are on the ground floor so if you want more of a view, choose a hi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us during your spring getaway. We are happy you enjoyed our central location, breakfast and dinner & drinks. We appreciate you staying here and taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We look forward to being a part of your next visit to Asheville.