“Great hotel, would stay again in a heartbeat”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed March 30, 2011

All staff members were very friendly; each one greeted us when we saw them and one of the housekeepers held the door for us as we carried in our luggage. Room was clean with the exception of a few hairs on the shower wall that were there when we arrived. If I absolutely had to complain it would be because we booked the room for 5 people but we were only provided with enough towels for 4. Had I called the front desk they would have brought extras right away as the did when I asked for additional sheets for the sofa. The continential breakfast was better than I expected and the fireplace in the dining area was a nice touch. Pool wasn't heated but the hot tub was nice. Typical hotel gym had 3 pieces of cardio equipment, a weight bench, and a nice selection of dumbbells.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suties by Hilton - Asheville during your visit. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your kinds words about your experience. We have talked about your comments and possible improvements. Again, thank you for sharing about your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites for one night, Sunday to Monday. The trip was to tour UNC Asheville's campus. Our small group consisted of my husband, a frequent business traveler, my 18 year old daughter and myself.
I booked this hotel mainly on the reviews of other guests. They were spot on, hotel is clean, the staff very friendly and welcoming. We had no problems checking in, the lobby looked inviting and they had chocolate chip cookies ready and all was good. Our room was immaculate and the bed was comfortable (we had a king suite - with a sitting area and fold out bed for our daughter) My husband commented that he would love a place like this if he had to stay for a few days. The kitchen was small but great, sink, refrigerator, 2 burner stove and dishwasher with a small 2 person table.
The only problem I had was that the heat/ac vent in the bedroom was located in a place that blew the air right into my face while I slept. As I am a light sleeper, I woke up every time the heat came on (it was 37 degrees and light rain). This is certainly not the fault of the management, and I don't know what could be done, but this would stop me from staying here again, unless I was alone and could sleep on the other side of the bed. If you are a sound sleeper, this should not be a problem. As I said the rest of the accommodations were great (I even did the bed bug check as recommended and there wasn't a sign of any! )
The breakfast in the morning was fabulous. My husband loved the eggs, I just had cereal and we took a bagel up to the room for the teenager. They had a nice variety of food, drinks (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelinggirl928

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Asheville and UNCA. We are pleased you were satisfied with your Suite and Breakfast. Thank you for letting us know about the vent, as we will adjust it to avoid this problem for the next guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

I enjoyed every minute of my stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Asheville. From the time I arrived until the time I checked out the hotel staff members were the most pleasant people to deal with. The rooms are very clean and the hotel pool and jacuzzi were just what I needed after a day of working in Asheville. The hotel serves breakfast and a dinner on weekdays and the food was very satisfying. The meals are served in what they call the lodge area and because I was traveling alone this was a great place to just unwind or mingle with other guest while enjoying a meal. If your looking for Asheville's best hotel look no further. My special thanks to all the employees of the hotel for their care during my stay.

2  Thank bruinmarct
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. We appreciate having you as our guest and your kind words about our staff, pool, hot tub, Full Hot Breakfast and Dinner & Drinks. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travel bring you to Asheville.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

This was a combination business and pleasure trip. My husband was attending a conference at another hotel in town and my son and I came along. We did not stay at the conference hotel because it did not have very good reviews. It could not have been any worse than this hotel was. We checked in on a Saturday evening and everything was fine. Sunday morning when we went to breakfast it was chaos to say the least. Not enough tables and running out of dishes as utensils. If it was this crazy on a Sunday in March I would hate to see it in the Summer time. We left our room about 10 and as we left we walked right past the housekeeper and cart. Surely she saw we left and would make up our room. When we returned at 5:00 pm our room was NOT made up. My husband called the front desk and was told housekeeping had already left for the day and they would send up fresh towels. Later when my husband went to the front desk to arrange for the free shuttle to take him to his conference hotel (which was not available Monday morning so he had to take a taxi) he expressed his displeasure in our room not being made up and was given a flimsy excuse that Sundays are busy. I would hope servicing a guest room of someone that is staying another night would be more important than cleaning a room that was going to be empty that night. Clearly by the parking lot more people checked out than in on Sunday. Also since our room was not made up we ran out of toilet paper Monday morning and I had to call down to get a roll! If we ever return to Asheville we will NOT be staying here again!

1  Thank TLR67
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2011

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience while visiting the Asheville Area. Please know we are sincerely sorry we did not meet your expectations. We always try our best to accommodate everyone during the busy times at breakfast and it is of course challenging when many of our guests are dining at the same time. When guests leave their Do Not Disturb sign on their door, we will not gain entry into the suite in respect of their wishes for privacy. We would never intentionally disregard the importance of taking care of guests as they request and pride ourselves on ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness are always met. Our Courtesy Shuttle is available between the hours of 8 a.m. till 10 p.m. and unfortunately cannot provide transportation outside of these times as staff is not available, I apologize if this may not have met your needs on this visit. Thank you for sharing your insight with me, it allows me an opportunity to take a look at each item and make improvements. I hope to see you again soon at our property thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

Very nice hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms good sized. Beds very comfortable not great. Food and ber\verages at the managers special and breakfast were good quality.

2  Thank Wesnet
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Thank you for sharing about your visit to the Asheville Area. We are please you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

We are Hilton Honors members and wanted to stay at a Hilton property while we were visiting Asheville, North Carolina to get the points. Well, this hotel brand has become my favorite and any time I'm in Asheville, I want to stay here. There was a classy hotel for even the budget conscious. The rate was very affordable and the level of customer service, appearance of the room and lobby, indoor pool, gym, hot breakfast (not just the typical free continental breakfast but turkey sausages and quiche for example), and the friendliness of the staff were top notch. This hotel even has a shopping list where you can choose items from the list to have them get for your suite. You just pay for the item, not the service. There is free internet in your room, great cable channels, and the most comfortable bedding I had ever felt. This hotel was awesome!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SchatzeAtlanta
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Thank you so much for being our guest while visiting the Asheville Area. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you get a chance to come "home" again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

Everyone, from the front desk to housekeeping, was warm and welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank AlabamaLovinlife
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. We look forward to the next time you make it "home".