All reviewsturret roomoliver davis roomother guestscornbreadconvenient walking distancewonderful hostsb bscharming victoriana separate sitting roomsmaller roomlistening to the birdsfront porchhistoric districthouse is beautifuleach morningquiet neighborhooda lovely stay
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Perfect location in the Montford historic district of Asheville. Easy access to downtown or just a walk down the street among Victorian homes. Emily and Bill obviously love and take pride in their home and treat their guests like family. Very roomy accommodations and quiet. Traveling solo I felt very safe at all times, even getting back late in the evening. Breakfast is just phenomenal, which makes for a true B&B experience.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
EmilyMcIntosh, Owner at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Thanks so much for your review! It's so nice to hear that our love of inn keeping shows! Breakfast is the best part for us too!

Reviewed October 1, 2017

This was the first trip to Asheville for my wife and me. We couldn't have picked a better place to stay for our 2 nights than at Emily and Bill's B&B. They are the nicest people, and their breakfasts are fantastic. We stayed in the "Turret Suite," which is the largest suite, and it was very comfortable. The B&B is located in a quiet, quaint neighborhood, about a 1 mile drive to downtown. Emily gave us some perfect recommendations for restaurants for dinner, and we very much enjoyed our meals at Bouchon and The Marketplace. The full day we spent at the Biltmore home and estate and winery was terrrific, and we plan to stay at A Bed of Roses on each visit to Asheville. My only regret is that we didn't stay for 3 nights.

Room Tip: Stay in the "Turret Suite" where we did. You will be very happy.
Reviewed September 28, 2017

This was my 6th visit to Asheville (one of my dear friends from high school has retired here with her husband), but my first time staying at the Bed of Roses. Emily and Bill were so welcoming, and they accomodated my vegan diet at breakfast with really inventive and delicious dishes, not just the oatmeal I expected. I stayed in the Oliver Davis room, which was obviously the maid's quarters in an earlier time. Perfect for my needs, quiet, with a very comfortable bed. One warning...they are serious about the narrow stairs. If you have ANY mobility issues, pick another room. You actually have to go down two or three steps and turn around in a very narrow space to lock the door as you leave. A little awkward.

I spent relaxing moments reading in the front room and on their charming front porch, and the neighborhood is ideal for a morning run. Just the right amount of hills on the streets and a quiet greenway nearby. I will return!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2017

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast was fantastic each morning. We stayed 4 nights and felt it was a great location to see the Biltmore(they offered us a 2 day pass which we highly recommend), Asheville and the Art District(which is about a days worth in itself). We would walk the streets in this older neighborhood and everyone was so friendly in the evenings. Beautiful homes to see. There are 2 great restaurants within walking distance of this B and B. Ask Emily and Bill about them. Most worth it. :) We did not have one average meal at all the places we ate at. Truly an art form in this city. Biltmore, art, great food and breweries all in one location summarizes our stay here. Stay 3 to 4 nights depending on what you like to do. The Biltmore alone has a winery, shops, biking, hiking, kayaking(loved this), beautiful gardens, etc...., so 2 days will be spent there alone. This bed and breakfast was also very clean and we enjoyed its historic charm. Thanks Bill and Emily for a lovely stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

My husband and I recently stayed at "A Bed of Roses" and VERY much enjoyed our first B & B experience! The home was well kept and so cozy. Emily and Bill were very welcoming and sweet. Breakfast was DELICIOUS! We stayed in the Wilkinson Room and it was perfect for a weekend trip! It may be a little tight if you had a lot of luggage, or were staying for an extended period of time. It was really nice that the location was walking distance to downtown, but not in downtown. We will for SURE be going back! Also, be sure to walk about a block up and eat dinner at "Chiesa", so delicious.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
EmilyMcIntosh, Owner at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We love converting people to the B&B experience! The Wilkinson Room is one of our smallest and most reasonably priced rooms. I would recommend the Revell Room or the Turret Suite for those traveling for an extended amount of time. With 5 totally unique rooms with different amenities and different rates we try to have something for everyone!