“Memorable First Two Days of Marriage”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Memorable First Two Days of Marriage”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It was a wonderful experience from when we walked in. A very warm reception and just what we need for the beginning of our honeymoon. I did not realize how nice the house was going to be and did not realize how convenient it was to get to the heart of downtown. The breakfast was amazing that Bill and Emily put together, I would call it Country Gormet. My wife and I would definitely go back and highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great place to stay during their time in Asheville! It was my first stay at a B&B and was definitely amazed with our first impression of one.

Bobby and Melissa Humburg - Orlando, FL

Room Tip: Any Room from what I saw, such a great house!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Burlington, Vermont, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I (early 30's) stayed for two nights in the Oliver Davis Room. It is the smallest of the rooms, but plenty spacious for our needs. It had all the amenities you could imagine, and the bathroom especially with the whirlpool tub was wonderful! We were amazed to find that the price of this room, which includes the delicious breakfast, was more affordable than most of the local hotels. The recommendation to have smaller suitcases in this room is spot on; the private stair case is adorable but very narrow.

Breakfast was always delicious, gourmet, and beautiful! We are big eaters, so I would disagree with many reviewers who have said that you won't need lunch. However, the portions were plenty satisfying for breakfast, and we actually prefer to have room for lunch because trying new restaurants is one of our favorite things when we travel!

One of our favorite things about a Bed of Roses was the wonderful front porch! After coming back from dinner and seeing music on the town, we sipped wine and ate cookies baked by Emily in the mild evening air, joined by the neighbor's cat (cats? are there two that look nearly the same?). On our second evening we came home directly after dinner and spent time relaxing on the porch with some books. Lovely!

The location is very convenient to downtown. We came without a car and found we had no trouble seeing the local sites by foot. (We didn't have time to see the Biltmore, anyways, but would have needed a car to get there.) There was plenty to entertain us downtown and in the local neighborhood (the historic Riverside cemetery is lovely) that we didn't miss having wheels. We did rent a car on our day of departure to drive to our next location via the Blue Ridge Parkway for some hiking, and the Budget rental location is close enough that we utilized their free pick up service. Emily and Bill were also wonderfully accommodating, and when we were arriving hours before typical check in they graciously agreed that we could drop off our luggage first so we could explore unencumbered. As it turns out our room happened to be empty the night before and we were actually able to check in right when we arrived.

Wonderful location, beautiful room, and the price is right! We'd definitely stay at the Bed of Roses again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thornlizard
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After hearing so much about all the great restaurants in Asheville, I didn't expect that the best food that I would get in Asheville was at our B&B! Breakfast every morning was a treat and left us full until early afternoon.

Emily and Bill were helpful in telling us where we should go in our wanderings since we were first-time (and unprepared) visitors of Asheville. They were also warm and friendly in all of our interactions.

The location was amazing. At 6 months pregnant with twins, I was only a little tired after walking to downtown. If I wasn't pregnant, the walk into downtown wouldn't have been bad at all.

Our room, the Carolyn Grey, was on the small side, but the massive tub made up for it. I do wish there had been two chairs, though, so my husband and I could have both sat and read for a bit.

Overall, we had a wonderful time and would love to stay there again. And we will be telling all of our friends about this gem!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Emily and Bill have created a beautiful and welcoming home away from home. They are very gracious and friendly hosts. Breakfast is top notch and will leave you excited for the next morning meal. This was our first stay at a Bed and Breakfast, we were blown away with the cleanliness, beauty, and relaxing atmosphere at A Bed of Roses. You could not ask for a better place to come home to after a long day of hiking and shopping in and around Asheville. The location is convenient to everything in Asheville.
My girlfriend and I stayed in the Carolyn Gray room. The bed was comfortable, the jetted jacuzzi tub was amazing at the end of a long day, and the room was plenty big for the two of us.

We are excited to come and stay with Emily and Bill again.

Room Tip: The Carolyn Gray room is the only room on the first floor, we found this to be very convenient.
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I did a great deal of research before choosing A Bed of Roses for our stay in Asheville, and I definitely made the right choice. The house is beautiful, the owners are welcoming and knowledgeable about the area, the location is a very short walk (approximately a half mile) to downtown, and Emily's lavish homemade breakfasts (and delicious baked goods snacks) are amazing. This B&B left nothing to be desired, and we look forward to staying here on our next trip to Asheville.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at a Bed of Roses B&B for our 30th anniversary and it was the perfect choice! We stayed in the Turret Room and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic getaway. Emily and Bill were gracious hosts and served the most amazing breakfasts. We didn't have to worry about lunch afterwards! Emily and Bill were knowledgeable about the area and were able to direct us to, and suggests locations we should visit. Our trip was perfect and we will be back again.

Room Tip: We recommend the Turret Room.
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I looked at every BnB in Asheville and am thrilled I chose Bed of Roses. The owners are super sweet, the food was fantastic and the rooms were very nice, yet affordable. As soon as you walk up the entry way, a sweet black and white cat will come out and greet you, a warm welcome when your fur babies are miles away.

Walking distance the the good spot in downtown, this place is a great option if you are looking for affordable comfort and great people. See you guys next time!!!

Room Tip: They are all great from what I saw