All reviews turret suite oliver davis room other guests cornbread convenient walking distance great hosts b bs charming victorian a separate sitting room listening to the birds smaller room front porch historic district house is beautiful each morning quiet neighborhood a lovely stay
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in the Turret Suite. It was a lovely room at the front of the house with a separate sitting room with a fireplace and a small balcony. The jacuzzi is huge. The hosts were very helpful and it was great having a couple of cats around so we didn't miss our own cats. The walk to town isn't bad although the last part is uphill so going to dinner at the end of the day was a little tiring. The breakfasts were good. We were afraid they would be too "gourmet" for our tastes but we were both happy. The only quibble is that breakfast is served only at 9 a.m. which is later than we usually start our day when on vacation. We filled the time by taking walks around the neighborhood.

Room tip: From what we saw the Turret Suite is the best room in the inn.
Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank FrontierLake
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed at Bed of Roses in early May. Bill and Emily are Wonderful hosts. We had the best room, the Turret room which had a jacuzzi tub, waterfall shower which were great, although it is a big step up to get in. However, unless you really want a jacuzzi and plan to spend a lot of time in the room, you can do very well in any of the other rooms.

Bill and Emily put on a terrific breakfast, almost too fancy for me. They are perfect hosts, very friendly.

One reviewer complained about hearing other guests, but we didn't and all the rooms were filled. Another person remarked, positively, that the 9:00 am breakfast was great because you got to meet all the others guests. I agree. We met some very nice, and diverse people, which we wouldn't have if everyone came down separately.

Walking to town can be a hike, and it's uphill getting there. Regardless the location works. It's a nice residential neighborhood, lots of schoolkids. Good to jog or walk.

Downtown Asheville is a neat place. Lots of restaurants, three or four specialty chocolate shops. Entertainment is several places, including on the street. Pack's is a great bar with terrific service and beer selections. If you want to buy beer go to Bruisin Ale. Absolutely the best beer shop I've ever seen, and I've seen lots.

Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank DrWillie
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Wow! We absolutely loved our stay at Bed of Roses. The neighborhood was beautiful to walk around and an easy walk to downtown (10 minutes or so). Bill and Emily were like staying with family, so friendly and welcoming. We were offered a room upgrade, since the young lady in our original room chose to stay in the smaller room upstairs. The room was gorgeous and comfortable. The bed, truly heaven. The breakfast and the company at breakfast were wonderful! We had to leave early for a balloon ride (one that never happened because of the shady balloon company... I do not recommend RO Frank aviation), but Bill made us muffins very early in the morning before we left. We will definitely be back to Bed of Roses soon and we highly recommend the B & B!

Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank K8erose
EmilyMcIntosh, Owner at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We're so sorry you had a bad experience with the Balloon Ride company. We would really appreciate it if you would email us with the details so we can look into it. We definitely want to be sure we're not recommending anyone to a less than reputable company. We want to make sure visitors to Asheville have nothing but great experiences here!
Bill & Emily

Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights in A Bed of Roses for our first anniversary at Christmas time. It is charmingly decorated both indoors and out. The host and hostess paid careful attention to details in our rooms and were very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed their two friendly cats who roamed around the house. The breakfasts and afternoon treats were upscale and delicious. We hope to come here again sometime! A plus was the close location to downtown, Biltmore, and Grove Park Inn.

Room tip: Loved the turret room with adjoining sitting room on the upper floor.
Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I had a business meeting on a Monday and decided to travel out to Asheville on Saturday for some "me" time. I could not have picked a better place. Bill and Emily were so warm and welcoming; the house is beautiful and my bed was amazingly comfortable. (I normally have trouble sleeping in any bed but my own.)

The clawfoot soaking tub in my private adjoining bathroom was the perfect place for relaxing and reading... the fireplace in my room made for such a cozy atmosphere.

The breakfasts were fabulous... healthy, beautiful, and so delicious. I've told all my friends in Durham about A Bed of Roses and I don't imagine I'll be staying anywhere else on my next visit to Asheville. I love how close it is to the great restaurants and cool part of the city.

Room tip: If you are travelling alone, one of the smaller rooms would be perfect. I stayed in the Wilkinson Room and it was perfect for me.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
EmilyMcIntosh, Owner at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We hope to see you here at A Bed of Roses again soon.