All reviewsturret roomoliver davis roomother guestscornbreadconvenient walking distancewonderful hostsb bscharming victoriana separate sitting roomsmaller roomlistening to the birdsfront porchhistoric districthouse is beautifuleach morningquiet neighborhooda lovely stay
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I planned a nice romantic weekend in Asheville. We chose A Bed of Roses for the location, asthetics, and price. All of our requests were quickly meet, breakfast was enjoyable, and Emily and Bill were most pleasant and inviting. We both had a great weekend together and would recommend this B&B.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bed of Roses last summer and thoroughly enjoyed it! The breaksfast was amazing and definitely a highlight of our trip! The innkeepers are incredibly friendly and always have baked goods ready. The B & B is also walking distance from downtown Asheville which was nice. Overall, we had a great visit and would definitely return to the Bed of Roses.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This was my first time to visit a Bed & Breakfast. From the very beginnings with all the phone calls & questions, Bill & Emily were always very polite, helpful and courteous. Upon arrival, I was not dissappointed ! They greet you when you arrive, show you to your room, and help you get settled in. The room was great, had more space than anticipated, and very clean. It's only a few minutes walk to downtown to the shops & restaurants, in a good area too. Sasha & Nadia their 2 cats even came out to greet us and say hello. This was an AWESOME 1st experience and I will definetly recommend them !!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyV1ls
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Having spent some time at B&B's in the Asheville area I had high expectations, and I was surprised that A Bed of Roses exceeded them.

Service was fantastic, the owners were very friendly and knowledgeable. It was clear that they cared about our experience. They even provided print-outs of rain-day activities in Asheville since we had some drizzle.

The accommodations were wonderful,and the bed was sublime. Every detail was paid attention to. It was a bit chilly and rainy during our visit, and a space heater was properly positioned just where you would want it. It was clear that the owners had spent the night in the room and looked around and thought "what would I want when I wake up, shower, etc".

Due to our plans we were only able to enjoy one breakfast there, but it was excellent. They had asked about nutritional requests and we had said none despite being picky eaters. Our plates returned to the kitchen empty since everything was so phenomenal.

All in all, an excellent trip, and a great break from reality.

Room Tip: Loved the Turret room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank David D
EmilyMcIntosh, Owner at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

Bill and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay at A Bed of Roses! We hope you get to enjoy more of our breakfasts on your next visit!
Emily Flynn McIntosh

Reviewed December 7, 2011

I noticed another reviewer used Thomas Kinkade's name to describe the house. That's what I thought when I saw the picture and wanted to stay there. It lived up to it perfectly. Emily was decorating for Christmas when we walked in and the two resident kitties, Nadia and Sasha, greeted us as well. We stayed in the Turret Suite and Emily and Bill's breakfasts every morning were fabulous. Walking distance to downtown Asheville and just minutes by car to the Biltmore Estate and the Grove Park Inn. The neighborhood is very nice to walk around in and I took lots of pictures of the homes on the quiet streets. We plan to come back in the spring!!

Room Tip: First time staying here in the Turret Suite, so don't know about the other rooms. Private bath separating the bedroom and sitting room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple