All reviewsturret roomoliver davis roomother guestscornbreadconvenient walking distancewonderful hostscharming victorianb bsa separate sitting roomsmaller roomlistening to the birdsfront porchhistoric districthouse is beautifuleach morningquiet neighborhooda lovely stay
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I noticed another reviewer used Thomas Kinkade's name to describe the house. That's what I thought when I saw the picture and wanted to stay there. It lived up to it perfectly. Emily was decorating for Christmas when we walked in and the two resident kitties, Nadia and Sasha, greeted us as well. We stayed in the Turret Suite and Emily and Bill's breakfasts every morning were fabulous. Walking distance to downtown Asheville and just minutes by car to the Biltmore Estate and the Grove Park Inn. The neighborhood is very nice to walk around in and I took lots of pictures of the homes on the quiet streets. We plan to come back in the spring!!

Room Tip: First time staying here in the Turret Suite, so don't know about the other rooms. Private bath separating the bedroom and sitting room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Apprider
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at A Bed of Roses for our 2nd Anniversary and loved it. It was a very charming visit, in a lovely setting. Between the cobbled walkways and historic decor, I felt like I staying in a Thomas Kinkade painting. We stayed in the largest room, the Turret Suite. It spans the entire front of the house on the second floor. It felt very private, with the bathroom situated between the bedroom and separate sitting room (complete with fireplace and balcony). The bed was very comfortable and the room was quite spacious. There is a large jet tub that doubles as a jacuzzi. Breakfast was wonderful, with creative, yet delicious options each morning. As a cat-lover, I enjoyed the "host" cats that wandered around. I also loved the neighbors cat that greeted us along the walkway. Overall, a fantastic experience with great hosts!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed November 3, 2011

For our first trip to A Bed of Roses in October of 2009, we were in town for a very un-organized wedding! When plans changed at the last minute, we were not able to extend our stay inthe room we'd already booked, so we ended up having the pleasure of staying in both the Carolyn Grey and Oliver Davis rooms. Both rooms were equally comfortable and romantic. This October 2011, we stayed in the Wilkinson room and also had a fabulous stay. This B&B couldn't be any more conveniently located, the owners couldn't be any kinder, and the food couldn't be any more delicious! We'll never stay at another Asheville B&B--A Bed of Roses feels like home!

2  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This was our first Bed and Breakfast stay and it did not disappoint. This house is just a 5 minute walk to downtown Asheville, and a lovely house. We stayed in the Wilkenson Room, which had a gas fireplace that was nice to keep burning all night. The breakfasts were Outstanding!! Great deal, plus nice to take advantage of the discount tour/Biltmore tickets. Keep in mind there are cats in the house. I am mildly allergic, but took my allergy medicine and was fine.

1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed October 25, 2011

From the moment you walk in the door of A Bed of Roses Emily and Bill make you feel right at home. The house is clean and inviting. It's convenient to the downtown Asheville area. We were in the Carolyn Gray room and it was so cozy. The hot tub was wonderful and the bed was comfortable. There is a window air condition as well as a heater that you can control yourself. My boyfriend proposed to me here and Emily and Bill helped him ready everything for the big moment. I will never forget it. We will definitely be back!