All reviewsturret roomoliver davis roomother guestscornbreadconvenient walking distancewonderful hostsb bscharming victoriana separate sitting roomsmaller roomlistening to the birdsfront porchhistoric districthouse is beautifuleach morningquiet neighborhooda lovely stay
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We have stayed at a Bed of Roses twice and had a lovely time both stays! Emily and Bill are very gracious and beyond welcoming and friendly. We loved our little Oliver Davis room. Breakfast was delicious and fullfilling! I highly recommend this adorable B&B.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This B&B is a beautiful little place to stay in Asheville. Emily and Bill are both very kind and friendly and the breakfast is delicious! Our room was adorable and had a fireplace and jacuzzi in it! I would say the walk to downtown Asheville is a little far- I would recommend driving. The B&B is in an adorable neighborhood that is nice and quiet. I would definitely recommend this inn

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We had a wonderful time during our stay at A Bed of Roses. Innkeepers Bill and Emily were delightful! The 2 course breakfasts were gourmet, yet accessible to everyone's tastes, and always included fruit, & other typical breakfast foods prepared expertly. We stayed in2 different rooms - each had great ambience and character. The linens were comfortable and down pillows included. we enjoyed sitting on the porch with coffee. A Bed of Roses is close enough to downtown that we walked there each night for dinner and the night scene. Bill and Emily have 2 asst innkeeper cats, but if you're allergic not to worry - they only work in the late afternoon, and are not in the house during breakfast. : )

Room Tip: If you want a 2 person jacuzzi, the Carolyn Gray room has one that is easy to get in and out of...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We had a wonderful experience last weekend at A Bed of Roses! Bill and Emily were very friendly and gracious hosts, available when needed, but not intrusive. Breakfast was delicious each morning. Our room was very cozy and comfortable, and we really enjoyed the whirlpool tub!
The bed and breakfast is located in a nice, quiet historical area, and was very convenient for walking downtown. We will definitely recommend A Bed of Roses to our friends!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This B & B is a 10-15 minute walk to downtown Asheville, making it handy to the restaurants and shops there. I stayed in a larger room at the beginning of my stay, then switched to a smaller room on my last night to save a few dollars. Both rooms were beautifully furnished and comfortable. Bill and Emily were very friendly and helpful. The highlight of the visit was the gourmet breakfasts. Some of the other guests actually took photos of their plates before digging in. I've stayed in B & B's all over the world and have never had such breakfasts: puff pancakes with peaches, broccoli cornbread, fresh fruit salsa, and so much more I can't remember. There's a small parking lot in back so you don't have to park on the street. I will definitely keep A Bed of Roses in mind whenever I return to Asheville.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo