“Exactly what we were looking for!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Exactly what we were looking for!”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Traveled to Asheville for our first anniversary. We stayed in the suite at A Bed of Roses B&B and loved our stay. The bed was comfy, and breakfast was amazing. The antique decor made us feel like were actually there at the turn of last century, but with tv and AC of course. We'd recommend this inn to anybody!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This is a great little B&B in a circa 1897 Queen Ann home in the historic Montford district of Asheville. We stayed 4 nights in the Revell room and loved it! The room was very cozy, with a working fireplace (though we didn't use it- heat wave while we were there), jacuzzi tub and a nice bath. Bed was very comfortable too. Our hosts, Emily & Bill were terrific and each breakfast was fantastic. This B&B is a very short walk to downtown and the Riverside cemetary. We've stayed at B&Bs and Inns all over the U.S., B.C. and Ireland and I would rate the Bed of Roses in my top 3. Just a great experience.

Room Tip: I didn't see the upstairs suite, but the other 3 rooms looked fabulous. Hard to go wrong with a...
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2011

While we were only able to stay at a Bed of Roses one night, we greatly enjoyed our time there. We stayed in the Carolyn Gray room, which we were told is the coolest room in the house (good to know during the summer!). It was pretty small, but had a gigantic two person jacuzzi that was absolutely perfect. The bed was so comfy, our hosts were such a sweet couple, breakfast was delicious, and the little touches like fresh flowers, chocolate by the bed, and homemade cookies all made it a wonderful experience. We would definitely stay again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I really enjoyed our long weekend at A Bed of Roses as we were site-seeing around Asheville and visiting the Biltmore House. The neighborhood was lovely and green and quiet, good for going on walks and a short drive to everywhere. Some of the highlights of our stay here were the rocking chairs on the front porch for reading in the morning and watching fireflies in the evening, the delicious homemade breakfasts (a different menu every morning), and the amazingly comfortable bed --We slept like babies! You can tell Bill and Emily really enjoy taking care of their guests! They have found their niche for sure. Thank you, Bill and Emily.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Bill and Emily McIntosh are the perfect hosts providing a wonderful welcome into their beautiful Queen Victorian B&B. The house is very convenient to downtown, Biltmore Estate and a quick trip into the Smoky Mountains to Looking Glass Waterfall. I cannot say enough about the hosts, gourmet breakfasts, the antique adorned house and manicured gardens. And if you are a cat lover, Sasha and Nadia are friendly to those willing to lend an affectionate hand and may be the most beautiful cats I have ever seen. I was worried about breakfast with strangers, but we met lovely couples from Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Ohio and New Jersey during our stay. Our room was the Oliver Davis Room and probably the smallest, but it is beautiful and complete with jacuzzi tub, comfy robes, a large bathroom and flat screen television. There are always fresh-baked cookies as well as an endless supply of fresh coffee or hot tea. I would highly recommend A Bed of Roses to anyone looking for a getaway in Asheville. Orange stuffed French toast was amazing!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank pdfrye
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed July 1, 2011

First time in Ashville, NC and I could not have had a better time. The B&B is very nice and I felt right at home. Bill and Emily made sure every detail was taken care of and it is that type of care that makes this B&B stand out among many. This place combines the comforts of modern day with the class and warmth of the olden days. Each room has its own private bath, and the rooms are good sized depending upon # in your party. I stayed in the Revel room and it was PERFECT in every way. I was fortunate to have stayed with other guests that were nice enough to allow me to see their rooms as well. I saw 3 of the 5 bedrooms this B&B has and all 3 were very well kept. Each room has its own charm, you will not be disappointed. Morning breakfast was outstanding. They really make you feel like a king and queen serving an array of gourmet meals.
Their website advertizes this B&B perfectly. No gimmicks here, just a great place to enjoy while in Ashville. The pricing is reasonable for this type of accommodations. If you’ve never stayed at a B&B before it’s worth the price you pay. I recommend getting to know the other guests during breakfast. You will learn about so many other things to do there besides the Biltmore (Though I highly recommend seeing the Biltmore!) I hope to turn again someday and you better believe I will be staying at A Bed of Roses! Thank you Bill and Emily!
Pros’: Clean, friendly, quite, relaxing, modern comforts, private baths, great location, excellent food, good company.
Cons’: NONE!

Room Tip: Call to ask what room is best for your desires.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
EmilyMcIntosh, Owner at A Bed of Roses Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
We were so thrilled to read your review of A Bed of Roses. This is why we love this business! Thank you so much!
Bill and Emily
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here from a recommendation from a friend. The breakfasts were good and they accommodated everyone dietary needs. We had a few people who were vegetarians and they prepared their plates without meats. I am NOT a vegetarian but I found that very thoughtful of the hosts. Our room was very relaxing we were in the downstairs room near the kitchen. It was pretty quiet.

If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing B&B then A Bed of Roses is for you!

My husband is a big reader and he was able to sit outside and read most mornings before breakfast!
One of my favorite parts is that the hosts left cookies and drinks out for you to get in case you needed a snack or a drink. You didn't have to wait for them - you did it yourself! We will go back there again when we visit Asheville again! I can't rave enough about it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple