Log Cabin Motor Court
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Asheville
See available hotels
View Hotel
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsgerman restaurantsnuggle innsnug harborfront porchrocking chairsthe black bear lodgegreat fireplacefull kitchenroad noisehot showerfresh towelshome away from homewi ficoffee makerromantic weekendlocation was perfectmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We read the reviews on TripAdvisor and selected this place because it is pet friendly, very inexpensive and available no short notice. We originally reserved cabin 9 but were notified later that that cabin was closed for maintenance and we were upgraded to cabin 1 - Travelers Rest - at no additional cost. I am certain that our dissatisfaction was mostly due to the fact that we visited during a freezing January weekend. the pros of this place are available on other reviews, but I will agree that despite the location road noise was not a problem, the cabin was comfortably furnished. The cons we experienced were: 1. Wi-Fi was intermittent - my husband is a realtor and was frequently unable to conduct business with his existing buyers and sellers which was REALLY problematic; 2. The hardwired internet connection didn't work and was brought through the window which,as a result, did not lock - our cabin was open to all while we stayed there despite suggesting to the manager (fruitlessly) that a simple broomstick cut to size to block the slider would make us more comfortable; 3. The heater was absolutely the loudest I've ever heard-my husband said it sounded like an airplane was taking off when it came on frequently during our first night (I sleep with earplugs and so was not especially bothered). For his sake we used the provided radiant heater during the remaining nights for sleep which did a barely adequate job keeping the temperature in the room ok for sleeping. In short, as my title indicated, this place is SO CUTE that I wanted to love it but, in the end, I simply can't recommend it for winter stays.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We came here to enjoy the long veterans day weekend. We enjoyed 2 nights in in cabin 20 Top O The Hill. We loved that they filmed Thunder road in this cabin. The fireplace was wonderful and kept us toasty warm. We let our son sleep in the bedroom and we slept on the bottom bunk of the bunk bed which is large and very comfortable so that we could watch the tv while he slept. The cabin is cozy yet spacious with a wonderful full kitchen. This is not the ritz but that is what we loved about it. We will be coming back! Also go check out the amazing German Restaurant at the entrance to the log cabins you get a guest discount. the hubby and I lived in germany and this is as close to authentic as we have found.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the Log cabin Motor court outside Asheville. The cabin was clean and contained everything we needed (full kitchen, wifi) to enjoy our stay. It was minutes away from downtown Asheville and not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway. The staff was helpful and pleasant and even mailed me back something I had left in the cabin.
The cabin was cozy for four girls and two dogs, and the rocking chairs on the porch are a nice touch. I would stay here again. Be sure to check out the Bavarian restaurant in front of the cabins - they have boots of beer!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cecilia L
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I enjoyed my week at this cabin. I stayed in Cabin 1. The cabin had a double and a single bed in the same room and a full kitchen. This is not a 5 star hotel with unlimited amenities, but it is exactly what it seems to be. A cozy / romantic getaway in the mountains. I mainly came to Asheville to visit the Biltmore mansion and it was not very far from the house. Took only a few minutes each day to get into town. This motor court is a little way from Asheville, but not enough to bother you. I saw other complaints about road noise, but I wasn't bothered by any. My cabin was the first one in the motor court and did not hear any road noise. The cabins are a little closer together than I thought, but I never heard any noise from the other cabins. The cabin had cable TV in the bedroom. My wife and I enjoyed the large porch in the evenings to play cards and games. Stay here if you are looking for an older romantic cabin experience. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed in Cabin 1 which had an extra bed to sit on or for extra room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I would definitely return. "Everything was so clean! Bed was wonderful. Super cozy!" I had to spend three days in Asheville for some continued education, I felt very safe and at peace there. I loved having a full kitchen too!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business