“Log Cabin Motor Court Is The Place To Be "Our Home Away From Home"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We are Mike & Carolyn Ruel of Sylvania, Georgia. The Log Cabin Motor Court has been our special "Home Away From Home" for 26 years, for on April 16, 1983, we spent our Honeymoon there in Hillbilly Cabin #15, and every year in April for 26 years we have not missed a year staying a week in our same Hillbilly Cabin#15 for our anniversary. The owners, John & Maria Maltry and staff always are warm and friendly and accomodating to make our stay special and they are special to us. .The cabins are rustic, neat and we have a fireplace in ours which we love and we get to take our pet. The location is so great for its not far to drive to scenic places such as Blue Ridge Parkway, Biltmore House, Black Mt. and Chimney Rock. We highly recommend the Log Cabin Motor Court to everyone that enjoys the rustic charm and if you have never stayed in a log cabin before to give it a try and take your family for there is a restaurant there also. We have a thousand special memories there that will forever be in our hearts and we look forward to going back for many anniversaries to come.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank HillbillyCabin

Reviewed July 29, 2008

Great place to stay. Management and housekeeping are
wonderful people. Only 5 mins. from downtown. We stayed
for 8 days and loved every min. Highly recommended. Easy
access to Blue Ridge Parkway thourgh Weaverville. Looking
forward to going back soon. Stricklands Garner, N.C.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2008

We have been staying at the Log Cabin Motor Courts for years now. We stay every July 4th week. You cannot ask for better folks to stay with. I love that everything is the same pretty much each year. I am not fond of too much change. I like that the cabins are really LOG cabins! We try to stay in the winter a couple of times each year too. We drive 500 miles to stay there and it is always worth it. Don't change a thing. They are perfect! Lisa, Amory, MS

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I wasn't expecting what I found when we arrived at this property.
Was looking for a long weekend away with some privacy.
What I found was a TERRFIC location, very simple understated little cabin with alot of personality..... The location is great just 10 mins from downtown and a very short drive to the French Broad River, down a winding, twisting road for an afternoon picnic with the dogs !!! We loved it sooo much we booked it again for our return trip in 3 months. I'm going to book it in the winter as well. The cabin that we had, had a HUGE fireplace. I can't wait to try it out..... Like I said I can't say enough about this proprety and the staff was always very helpful, in directions around town, and friendly. Thank You for making our get away a true sucess !!!
DEH & Dogs .....
Hilton Head SC

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank dehhhi
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Stayed at the motor court two nights and found my stay fun, relaxing and interesting in that you just don't get to stay in an antique every day especialy one in such fine condition, with the motor courts unique history. I for one plan to go back to the Snug Harbor.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2008

My wife dog, and I came to Asheville for the first time ever to visit some of her family for a
mini reunion of sorts. Aunt Julie set it up and with the help of the Craze family we all
had a really good time.
My wife and I had a cabin with her sister, and cousin Tracy with lil Wyatt, and Aunt
Patty had a cabin, which were small clean, and comfy.
However we spent most of our time in "The Lodge" Which was so nice and
spacious compared to the ones we had. I guess we are all just simple city folk, because
the cabins were just like you read about. Everybody just loved it, and how friendly and
patient the staff (Susie) was. Thanks for everything Susie. We all felt welcome, safe,
and cozy.
If we make it that way again, we will definately be staying there. Carlos!

P.S. Sorry for the late comment Folks, I just don't check my email as often as I should.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2008

What a wonderful place to stay. We went back in time. You must eat at the German Rest. located at the motor court. We are going back and taking the grand kids.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple