“A piece of "Heaven" in the Asheville NC Mountains.....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
Hilton Head SC
“A piece of "Heaven" in the Asheville NC Mountains.....”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I wasn't expecting what I found when we arrived at this property.
Was looking for a long weekend away with some privacy.
What I found was a TERRFIC location, very simple understated little cabin with alot of personality..... The location is great just 10 mins from downtown and a very short drive to the French Broad River, down a winding, twisting road for an afternoon picnic with the dogs !!! We loved it sooo much we booked it again for our return trip in 3 months. I'm going to book it in the winter as well. The cabin that we had, had a HUGE fireplace. I can't wait to try it out..... Like I said I can't say enough about this proprety and the staff was always very helpful, in directions around town, and friendly. Thank You for making our get away a true sucess !!!
DEH & Dogs .....
Hilton Head SC

• Liked — These cabins were built in the late 1920's...that was a hook for me
  • Disliked — it wasn't cold enough to try out the fireplace !!!
  • Stayed July 2008
1 Thank dehhhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
NC
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Stayed at the motor court two nights and found my stay fun, relaxing and interesting in that you just don't get to stay in an antique every day especialy one in such fine condition, with the motor courts unique history. I for one plan to go back to the Snug Harbor.

• Liked — prsesence
  • Disliked — ?
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
SC
Reviewed June 5, 2008

My wife dog, and I came to Asheville for the first time ever to visit some of her family for a
mini reunion of sorts. Aunt Julie set it up and with the help of the Craze family we all
had a really good time.
My wife and I had a cabin with her sister, and cousin Tracy with lil Wyatt, and Aunt
Patty had a cabin, which were small clean, and comfy.
However we spent most of our time in "The Lodge" Which was so nice and
spacious compared to the ones we had. I guess we are all just simple city folk, because
the cabins were just like you read about. Everybody just loved it, and how friendly and
patient the staff (Susie) was. Thanks for everything Susie. We all felt welcome, safe,
and cozy.
If we make it that way again, we will definately be staying there. Carlos!

P.S. Sorry for the late comment Folks, I just don't check my email as often as I should.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
florida
Reviewed May 27, 2008

What a wonderful place to stay. We went back in time. You must eat at the German Rest. located at the motor court. We are going back and taking the grand kids.

• Liked — the log cabin atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Harriman, TN
Reviewed May 20, 2008

I loved these cabins! They were very neat, well-maintained, and the owners are very down-to-earth. It's a straight-shot to downtown Asheville where all the shops and nightlife are and only about a 10 minute drive--very easy to get to/from the action and back home. Also very animal-friendly environment--back off the beaten path just enough to have a walking area for dogs. I highly recommend it to anyone going to spend any time in Asheville!

• Liked — Friendly staff/environment
  • Disliked — Didn't get to stay long enough!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
boston
Reviewed March 20, 2008

Hi I try to stay at the motorcourt every year. I lived in asheville for ten years, now i retreat back every summer for a 2week stay, inwhich i relax at the motorcourt a few days. it's quant and cozy my dog likes it and i can chill. it would be great if discounts would happen for repeat customers. what else do you need while visiting friends and taking a break for some alone time witha loved one.. cozy place to stay, hot shower... i always stub my toes on the big furniture, but not a bad place. see u next summer.

Stayed July 2007
North Carolina
Reviewed February 22, 2008

Asheville has lots of new, fancy hotels. But, that type of lodging is just not my idea of the "Asheville experience". The Log Cabin Court feels like the way Asheville should be... old fashioned. These cute little cabins feel like a slice of ole' Americana with country quilts, wood finishes, and little covered porches. The proprietors seem to work hard to keep the cabins clean and well maintained, but never lose that old fashioned charm. What a neat thing to be able to experience. While cozy and rustic, the cabins are just 10 minutes from downtown and 2 minutes from the local grocery. There's even an old fashioned restaurant right at the edge of the court. Very cool. This is not the place for stodgy, room service and "where's the concierge" type folks. It IS the place for visitors who want to experience the real history and ambience of the mountains.

• Liked — Old Fashioned Feeling
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family