“Absolutely "Pawsome"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Absolutely "Pawsome"”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We needed a place that was pet friendly so we could take our 14 year old dog. I'm pleased to say that Log Cabin Motor Court was both pet and people friendly. They are cute cabins, very clean, and convenient to all things in Asheville. They provided dog dishes, poop bags and even had treats for our dog. I'd highly recommend them to any animal loving traveler.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Loved these tiny little cabins all in a circle. Great for people who prefer not to stay at the typical chains. Have a vintage roadside experience to remember. Very clean! The staff is so friendly and accommodating. A straight shot to downtown about 5-7 miles away on the highway. If you travel away from downtown you will come across a very nice park. My only complaints are that the pet fee is a bit steep considering I only have a 7lb dog. The room was somewhat damp the second night but it was extremely humid out the last week in July. The rooms are very tiny and if you are over 5'7" you may hit your head on the doorways. I'm only 5'3" so it wasn't a problem for me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tinytiki
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My aunt rented this cabin for myself and other family members to take a trip to Asheville. When I heard that they were "cabins" I was a little apprehensive. I don't camp, and I need electricity and A/C! When I pulled up to the front of the motor court, the sign freaked me out as it says "motor court", to me bringing images of broken-down trailers or worse. I pulled in further, and the cabins were very cute! I drove in the back to the Black Bear Lodge, and it was gorgeous! It is a cabin, with wood walls, etc., but it was very big, and extremely clean. I happily felt the wonderful air conditioning. It was open, with a loft, and I was so surprised that there were 2 full bathrooms, a huge kitchen with a dishwasher, etc. Let me point out that it isn't "new". The bathrooms are a bit dated, as is the kitchen, but it is huge, clean, and the owners think of everything! I brought a coffee maker and my bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee, and both of these things were provided (even the Dunkin Donuts coffee)! There were 3 bedrooms, and a loft bedroom, with a jack and jill bathroom upstairs. They came in and cleaned everyday, and it was much more comfortable (and cheaper, overall), than renting separate hotel rooms for all of us. The only bad point I can think of is the sound of the traffic. The property is in between 2 major highways, and the traffic sound isn't bad downstairs. But upstairs, at night, when everything is quiet ... especially in the back bedroom, the traffic sound is loud. The first night I kept waking up to the sound of trucks and their loud air brakes. I am a heavy sleeper normally, but I was up a good part of the night. It's so ironic, because this cabin is nestled in the woods, and you wouldn't really think that the sounds of traffic would keep one awake. The next day I purchased ear plugs at the pharmacy, and I slept through the night. I believe the back bedroom was the only bedroom without a tv, so I couldn't use tv noise to muffle out the sound. Anyway, I was extremely impressed with the Log Cabin Motor Court, and highly recommend the Black Bear Lodge!

Room Tip: The Black Bear Lodge is very large and very nice!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ercokat
Satellite Beach, florida USA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We reserved cabin#14(Moonbeam) for 4 nights in August at the rate of $95.00 a night. After seeing the cabin, meeting Debbie and Susie the managers, we immediately added another night! Moonbeam is perfect for 2 people-tree-shaded/queen bed/full kitchen/new shower-head/great AC unit. We slept well/ate well(LOVE Ingles Supermarkets-they have 2 here!(Weaverville Branch is bigger). Susie helped me with the quirky gas stove and the haunted washing machine in the laundry room-they seriously need a full-time maintenance man for this property of 20 cabins, (and a carpenter). Bring bug spray-mosquitos start biting at 4 p.m. in August up here. This place in October must be fabulous! We will come back again for sure!

Room Tip: #14(Moonbeam) is tree-shaded-perfect for just 2 people.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

It meant a lot to us that our cat & dog were welcome, and everyone went out of their way to be sure we ongoingly had everything we needed!

The dog walk is huge and well taken care of, but really, best of all, were the people who run it. They were personable, helpful, and dear.

• Stayed July 2012
North Port, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Perfect relaxing getaway. Felt so comfortable and at home in our log cabin! The dogs were in their glory. Everything was within easy access to our cabin! The cabin was rustic and cozy. The peace and quiet, and nature all around added to the adventure. The staff was warm and welcoming . It was the first time we vacationed with our dogs and they were really catered to. Thank you for a wonderful trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Weston, West Virginia
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was my first time to Asheville and my first time on a vacation all by myself. I had a hard time trying to find a place that didn't have a minimum check in age of 21, but when I found the log cabin motor court and found out the age was 18 I was really excited. I stayed in Cabin 14, Moonbeam. It was cute and small, perfect for me. Obviously, since they are older cabins the bathroom could use some updating but it was fine with me. I enjoyed sitting in the rocking chair on the porch and reading a book or just relaxing. The cabin also had wifi and a tv so that is a plus. I really loved the cabin and think it was a better experience then getting a hotel room. They were also at a great price. Trying to be honest because I would want someone else to be there was some downsides. There were multiple spider webs (along with the spiders) in the cabin and the curtain in the kitchen was ripped. I wore flip flops into the shower and since the drain was just in the floor if you took a long shower then you would have a nice puddle because it took for ever to drain. Also the toilet was very close to the wall so you basically had to sit sideways. The pillows smelt a little musty. And I only saw one of the women who worked there once and that was the day after I arrived and that was the only time they came to see if I needed any new towels or anything. All and all though there were a few negatives, I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank T_Anne92
LogCabin, Owner at Log Cabin Motor Court, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoyed the Moonbeam cabin and spent some time relaxing in the rocking chair on the porch - it really is a nice setting in the trees around Cabin 14. We're sorry about the ripped curtain and the spider webs in the cabin. Our housekeepers noticed the tear in the curtain after you left and replaced it. We've sprayed again for spiders - it's amazing how quickly the spiders build their webs, clean them in the morning and they're back in the afternoon. In regard to housekeeping; for safety reasons we do not enter cabins with pets, we note on our check in paperwork and confirmation emails that if new linens are need they should be left outside on the porch and we will provide replacements. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.