“Very Nice Surprise!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Log Cabin Motor Court
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My aunt rented this cabin for myself and other family members to take a trip to Asheville. When I heard that they were "cabins" I was a little apprehensive. I don't camp, and I need electricity and A/C! When I pulled up to the front of the motor court, the sign freaked me out as it says "motor court", to me bringing images of broken-down trailers or worse. I pulled in further, and the cabins were very cute! I drove in the back to the Black Bear Lodge, and it was gorgeous! It is a cabin, with wood walls, etc., but it was very big, and extremely clean. I happily felt the wonderful air conditioning. It was open, with a loft, and I was so surprised that there were 2 full bathrooms, a huge kitchen with a dishwasher, etc. Let me point out that it isn't "new". The bathrooms are a bit dated, as is the kitchen, but it is huge, clean, and the owners think of everything! I brought a coffee maker and my bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee, and both of these things were provided (even the Dunkin Donuts coffee)! There were 3 bedrooms, and a loft bedroom, with a jack and jill bathroom upstairs. They came in and cleaned everyday, and it was much more comfortable (and cheaper, overall), than renting separate hotel rooms for all of us. The only bad point I can think of is the sound of the traffic. The property is in between 2 major highways, and the traffic sound isn't bad downstairs. But upstairs, at night, when everything is quiet ... especially in the back bedroom, the traffic sound is loud. The first night I kept waking up to the sound of trucks and their loud air brakes. I am a heavy sleeper normally, but I was up a good part of the night. It's so ironic, because this cabin is nestled in the woods, and you wouldn't really think that the sounds of traffic would keep one awake. The next day I purchased ear plugs at the pharmacy, and I slept through the night. I believe the back bedroom was the only bedroom without a tv, so I couldn't use tv noise to muffle out the sound. Anyway, I was extremely impressed with the Log Cabin Motor Court, and highly recommend the Black Bear Lodge!

Room Tip: The Black Bear Lodge is very large and very nice!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ercokat
There are newer reviews for Log Cabin Motor Court

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We reserved cabin#14(Moonbeam) for 4 nights in August at the rate of $95.00 a night. After seeing the cabin, meeting Debbie and Susie the managers, we immediately added another night! Moonbeam is perfect for 2 people-tree-shaded/queen bed/full kitchen/new shower-head/great AC unit. We slept well/ate well(LOVE Ingles Supermarkets-they have 2 here!(Weaverville Branch is bigger). Susie helped me with the quirky gas stove and the haunted washing machine in the laundry room-they seriously need a full-time maintenance man for this property of 20 cabins, (and a carpenter). Bring bug spray-mosquitos start biting at 4 p.m. in August up here. This place in October must be fabulous! We will come back again for sure!

Room Tip: #14(Moonbeam) is tree-shaded-perfect for just 2 people.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

It meant a lot to us that our cat & dog were welcome, and everyone went out of their way to be sure we ongoingly had everything we needed!

The dog walk is huge and well taken care of, but really, best of all, were the people who run it. They were personable, helpful, and dear.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Perfect relaxing getaway. Felt so comfortable and at home in our log cabin! The dogs were in their glory. Everything was within easy access to our cabin! The cabin was rustic and cozy. The peace and quiet, and nature all around added to the adventure. The staff was warm and welcoming . It was the first time we vacationed with our dogs and they were really catered to. Thank you for a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was my first time to Asheville and my first time on a vacation all by myself. I had a hard time trying to find a place that didn't have a minimum check in age of 21, but when I found the log cabin motor court and found out the age was 18 I was really excited. I stayed in Cabin 14, Moonbeam. It was cute and small, perfect for me. Obviously, since they are older cabins the bathroom could use some updating but it was fine with me. I enjoyed sitting in the rocking chair on the porch and reading a book or just relaxing. The cabin also had wifi and a tv so that is a plus. I really loved the cabin and think it was a better experience then getting a hotel room. They were also at a great price. Trying to be honest because I would want someone else to be there was some downsides. There were multiple spider webs (along with the spiders) in the cabin and the curtain in the kitchen was ripped. I wore flip flops into the shower and since the drain was just in the floor if you took a long shower then you would have a nice puddle because it took for ever to drain. Also the toilet was very close to the wall so you basically had to sit sideways. The pillows smelt a little musty. And I only saw one of the women who worked there once and that was the day after I arrived and that was the only time they came to see if I needed any new towels or anything. All and all though there were a few negatives, I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank T_Anne92
LogCabin, Owner at Log Cabin Motor Court, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your review, we're glad you enjoyed the Moonbeam cabin and spent some time relaxing in the rocking chair on the porch - it really is a nice setting in the trees around Cabin 14. We're sorry about the ripped curtain and the spider webs in the cabin. Our housekeepers noticed the tear in the curtain after you left and replaced it. We've sprayed again for spiders - it's amazing how quickly the spiders build their webs, clean them in the morning and they're back in the afternoon. In regard to housekeeping; for safety reasons we do not enter cabins with pets, we note on our check in paperwork and confirmation emails that if new linens are need they should be left outside on the porch and we will provide replacements. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

From the second we pulled up we fell in love with this place! The way the cabins are tucked into a little village and the fact that there were dog treats and a food bowl and lots of great touches throughout the cabin. Simple, rustic decorations. We truly felt like we had just stepped into a storybook home we had always wished for and didn't quite know it! The drive into Asheville is not very far. Quite pleasant. Suzie and the other lady who work here were both so friendly! The other guests all waved and we even had a little impromptu dog park time! The front porch (complete with rocking chairs) was perfect for playing ukulele and guitar and singing! The kitchen and bath were clean and perfect for our needs. Oh! And the Bavarian restaurant next door was great too! Tired from the road and needing to celebrate my birthday, we enjoyed such wonderful goid including kangaroo! Yep--and they had antelope and Hasenpfeffer on the menu too!
These cabins are comfy, cozy, clean and imaginative! You will love em!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank MazzyMal
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Mrs. and I wanted to do something a little different for a special trip to Asheville this spring, so we chose the Log Cabin Motor Court, and I'm glad we did. The cabins are clean and well maintained, they are an incredible value for the price and the area is peaceful and relaxing. However, it's not out in the middle of nowhere, Weaverville is just to the north, plus it's also quite convenient to downtown Asheville and the Biltmore area without even getting onto an interstate, just pull out of the driveway, turn right and in about 5 miles you're downtown and in about 3 more miles you're at the Biltmore Estate gate. If you want to be downtown or in the Biltmore area, close to all the action, and have 5-star accommodations, this isn't the place for you. If you want a bit of adventure, if you don't want to blow your whole vacation budget on lodging, if you want some peace and quiet but also easy access to the downtown scene and the Biltmore area, when you want to go there, I can highly recommend this place, and we're already making plans to go back next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple