“Just Awesome!”

Asheville Cottages
Edenton, North Carolina
“Just Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I were on a spur of the moment trip for our 25th anniversary and did not have reservations anywhere. We were about an hour outside of Asheville when we called Asheville Cottages to see if they had an opening. (I had stumbled upon them through reading reviews of places to stay in the area.) The owners were very nice and welcoming even though we were last minute callers. We arrived to find a beautiful, spotlessly clean cottage and a welcome note from the housekeeper and a bottle of sparkling grape juice with a Happy Anniversary note! The hot tub and fireplace were absolutely wonderful extras! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beth B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time. The cottages were very clean. When we walked in the cottages were decorated for Christmas. The hot tub was great after a long day of walking with two small children. The bed was very comfortable. The owners were very nice and wonderful to work with. I would defiantly recommend staying there.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

When we arrived a fully decorated and lit Christmas tree greeted us! Also a huge mug of snacks and breakfast foods was on the counter for our use. Plus canned drinks and water was in the fridge! No extra charge! Everything was great! We will return and spread the word!

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

What a wonderful stay we had at Asheville Cottages! To put it simply, I am a clean freak and have the most difficult time finding places to stay away from home that don't stress me out! To the point that I would rather camp, where I can use my own sheets, blankets and pillows. But we took a chance on Asheville Cottages and I am SO GLAD we did! We stayed at the Maple Cottage and it was spotless. I LOVED the fact that the bed had a regular blanket on it and not some hotel-type nasty comforter. It was exactly as I would have done, had I built and decorated the cottage myself. The private back porch was fantastic, the kitchen being stocked with everything you need to prepare a meal was awesome and the heated floor in the bathroom was wonderful! The sleep number bed was such a refreshing detail....the best sleep I've ever had in a home away from home. Believe me when I say, the only regret you'll have about Asheville Cottages is not staying longer!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I loved the willow cottage. It was the perfect romantic getaway! We plan on making it an annual trip and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else! They have literally thought of everything. It was very close to everything. We went to the Biltmore which was amazing. And after a long day of walking the hot tub was perfect. The bedding was terrific. Just a wonderful stay. Very nice people too.

• Stayed May 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! I cannot stop talking about our cottage in Asheville. We stayed in the laurel cottage. It was a romantic get away. Our favorite thing to do was go in the hot tub after hiking. And my other favorite thing were the sheets. They were so soft I am missing them already. I recommend if you are going to Asheville book your stay with Asheville cottages.

Havre de Grace, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Just returned from Thanksgiving getaway to Asheville. We stayed at the Bent Creek Cottage and it was perfect. From the heavenly sleep number bed to the well appointed kitchen, we could not have asked for more. The owners were incredibly thoughtful by leaving breakfast for our first morning as well as a few other goodies. We had great information on things to do in the area from the brochures left for us and from what others had written about their stay.

Owners were quick to answer questions and no detail was overlooked. Great location, just minutes from the Biltmore, downtown Asheville, grocery stores, restaurants and everything else Asheville had to offer.

Top Notch! Thank you for everything.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends