“Okay hotel”

Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
st petersburg
“Okay hotel”
Reviewed July 19, 2006

This hotel is just average. It was fairly noisy between the weird noise coming from the AC, the train that goes by several times per day and the kids inthe hall. It was a little overpriced and in need of some TLC. I would probably go for the brand new Quality Inn across the street next time.

Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2006

The front rooms of the motel are very noisy with street traffic ALL the time. The back rooms have an active train track less than 50 feet away. The whole place seems to sway when a train goes by AND blows. The pool and breakfast and big pillows are nice. The staff is average. Our room was VERY musty and had 2 VERY noisy air purifiers in the room. They did not seem to help.

Stayed July 2006
Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed November 3, 2005

Although we've had really bad experiences with Days Inn in the past, based on the reviews of TripAdvisor we thought we would give them another chance. We were not disappointed. The room was very clean, quiet, and nicely furnished. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nicely presented, however, a new waffle batter was being used which resulted in a rather disappointing, undercooked glob. We just switched to cereal and fruit. It was worth the few extra minutes to Biltmore for the great price. We would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank lmj48
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 2, 2005

The motel looked okay overall although it was located right next to a noisy street. Unfortunately, when we arrived in our room, it smelled very bad. It smelled like someone with bad body odor had stayed there previously.

We immediately contacted the front desk and asked to be assigned to another room. We were told that there were no other rooms available and that the best they could do would be to send up some air fresheners to help with the situation.

We then decided to check-out rather than stay in the room. Because we had not arrived until 6:15, after a long day of driving, the young woman at the front desk told us that if we checked out it would be considered a cancellation and we would still be charged full price for the room. I asked to speak to the manager but was told that he was out of town and that no one was available to speak to me. I informed the clerk that the room was unacceptable.

After contacting hotels, they stepped in and dealt with the motel so that we would not be charged 70 dollars for staying in the smelly room for 10 minutes. Thanks to hotels!

We rapidly decamped to another motel across town. It was older and somewhat run down. And we were exhausted by the time we got there. But at least the staff at that motel were nice and the room didn't stink.

I was very disappointed with the customer service at the Days Inn Biltmore East. I would never recommend it to anyone. Management's lack of response to the problem made an annoying situation extremely stressful.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 9, 2005

We stayed on the 3rd floor and had two bad nights of sleep due to the fact that it is located between a state highway which was not too bad and a train track which woke us up both nights that we stayed there. The trains came through sometime late at night and then again early in the morning blasting their horns. The staff is friendly and the room was well decorated but a trail of urine on the back part of the toilet seat made me wonder how clean it was. There were also toe nail clippings on one side of the bed and lots of hair at the foot of the bed so I doubt if the place had been cleaned after the previous occupant though the sheets appeared to be clean. If we were going to stay more than 2 nights we would have left after the first night due to the noise.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank Alan_James
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2005

Stayed for one night only, just a place to sleep before going to Biltmore Estate. Hotel is about 10 minutes away from Biltmore, easy drive though. Hotel was clean, front desk was helpful, pool looked nice, didnt use it though. Overall I was happy with the place. I think we paid only 65 for the night, so for that price I was thrilled. Pizza guy came right to our door, which kinda surprised me a little, but I guess asheville is a safe place. Beware you can't take pictures at the Biltmore, I was told "its a private residence and everything is copywrighted". What that means is buy your pictures in the gift shop for a ridiculous price, because your $35 admission was not enough.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank marvingardens1
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 28, 2005

We stayed at this Days Inn for four nights, and found it clean, comfortable, and a great value. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all times. We had a room with two double beds on the back side of the hotel, and had a nice view. The refrigerator and microwave oven were definitely a plus! The pool was also very pleasant (open from 10am-10pm, and only went to 5 feet, good for not-so-strong swimmers), and the free breakfast included do-it-yourself fresh waffles. The hotel was very affordable--on Sat. night, the room was $80, but then the following nights were only $44/night, since we had a coupon from their website.

• Stayed August 2005