“Great place to stay Price was right!”

Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was a great place to stay for our purpose. Clean rooms. Halls smelled like smoke. But we had a non smoking room and it was fine. Did not use the pool or other guest services, but the pool did look inviting. I would stay again if I was in the area.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This motel has a good location near I 40, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and several other tourist attractions. It was also dog-friendly. However, the beds were not particularly comfortable, the desk staff was often outside smoking, and breakfast was pretty bad. In fact, on the last day, when we checked out, there was almost nothing left, indicating that the breakfast foods were only replenished every few days. Even the yogurt and Tennessee Pride "sausage biscuits" we're gone.

The place was generally quiet, and it served our needs, but if I'm in Asheville again, I'll look for a nicer dog-friendly place.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy B
Reviewed June 30, 2013

First, we've stayed here several times and always pleased. We spend this past week in 317 which was impeccably clean...no dirt build up in corners of bathroom, no stains on carpet, no smelly odors, and no dusty surfaces! Impressive! Looked like the room had gone through a recent update: flat screen, single serve coffee, microwave, refrigerator, new tube and shower faucets and heads. Not even a single spot needing paint (I did see their maintenance person with the 3 or 4 paint colors one morning which I assume he goes through each room touching up). Again Impressive! Everything worked, the beds were ok (about 7 on a 10 scale), bedding was clean and neatly made each day. Wifi worked great...no weak days or dead times so assume they have updated this as well since the Hotel filled up each night which puts a strain on systems with few access points. Could even watch Amason movies and MLB.com...stayed as some high end Hotels which block movie and live broadcast streaming. Breakfast starts at 6. Typical cereal, boiled eggs, milk, coffee, oj, apple juice, pastries, packages of oatmeal, jelly, peanut butter packets (don't find that often), and make-your-own waffels. But they also had pre-packaged French toast that was great! Secret: put in microwave for 30 seconds....not in toaster. Heck, we took a package to our room for an evening snack:-)
Now for the cons: 1. If you sleep light, consider another Hotel because an ACTIVE TRAIN runs about 20 yards from the back of the hotel. Train whistle at least 2 times each night. I sleep hard and it even startled me out of my sleep one night, but went right back to sleep. So, get a room on the front side. However comments about the train are even in Quality Inns' review...Quality Inn is directly across the street from Days Inn. 2. Days is DOG friendly so expect dogs to bark sometime during your stay. Management stated they DO NOT have "not pet allowed" rooms. Therefore pets may be assigned to any room. However, the staff will conduct a 30 day review to assign one a room that has not had a dog or cat in it for the last 30 days. Ask for Patrick, he is great!!! There is a $10 pet fee which covers the additional cost of cleaning rooms following a pet stay. If you have a dog or cat or are not allergic to dogs or cats, we have had no problems with odors or flees so they must be doing something right.
3. Breakfast area small so expect to wait on a table for a few minutes...well if the breakfast were awful there would be no crowd so they must be doing something right.
Final word:
Patrick was a big help so ask for him...I got bad information from another staff member.
Patrick is the honest man you can trust to give you the best stay possible.
We had a great stay and will stay here again. Thanks to all for keeping the Inn clean.

Room Tip: For light sleepers, get a room on the front side of the Inn so the Train noise not as bad. Try the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Days Inn has very easy access to I 40. The room was clean and the linens and bed were comfortable. I had to make a last minute reservation and Days Inn had a sale which made the stay affordable. The pool looked very nice but I did not try it due to rain. The continental breakfast was average. Check in was quick and easy.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The service was really good. The room had all the amenities that I wanted. I have stayed there several times and always on the 1st floor facing the parking. This time I was on the 3rd floor facing the train track and oh boy that train came through three and four times. I will always request the opposite side from now on. :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo