“Whoa....very nice”

Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
South Carolina
“Whoa....very nice”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

For the money it was a great CLEAN room, comfy. Good location to highways and restraunts. Fridge and micro in each room, interior rooms. The complimentary breakfast had fresh fruit and healthy choices along with the good stuff. The staff was a happy bunch. This was during fall peak week and price were VERY REASONALBE. Count me in to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We have stayed at several other hotels in the Asheville area before but this was our first stay at this Days Inn. It is a little funky getting to the hotel but once you do it once it is no problem. The room was a lot better then I expected. Had a one queen bedroom, which was really nice with a Refrigerator and Microwave. The breakfast was better then some of the other hotels we have stayed at in the area. And the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel looks like it has been well maintained. If we are in the area again we will more than likely stay at this Days Inn again.

Room Tip: There is a train track behind the hotel but we had a front room and never heard it. My brother in l...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RetiredTravelerOhio
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We haven't stayed in a Days Inn in 20 years, never had good experiences. We were forced to do so because everything else was full on a Thursday night, still can't figure that one out. But, overall I'm impressed......Thought we received a great deal at $74.00 for a King room...Also don't understand others saying the rooms were small, how much room do you need? I like many others did not like the train noise, both myself and wife laughed when we first heard in at 9pm....At that point we thought, that's why it's at a reasonable price, but did not hear another one until 3pm. Room was clean, breakfast was what I call a belly filler ( coffee,juice,cold cereal, grad and heat sausage biscuits and waffles.. And the night time staff, a young woman, was GREAT! They simply won me over and back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jayjay099
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We wanted a short 3 day Vacation. We have stayed at all the "fancy" hotels and loved them. This time, in this economy, lower price meant longer stay and hopefully, nicer restaurants. This Days Inn was so clean inside and out. Our bed was comfortable. I am fussy about shower curtains, I guess thats strange, but I can't stand shower curtains with questionable "stuff" on them. This one looked brand new. There is the matter of the train track, but they didn't bother us. So for $279 for three days (two weekend night pricing and one regular night) this was a good, clean choice for us.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room in front if an occasional train bothers you
1 Thank florida1950
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Maybe because I grew up near the railroad tracks in a small town, I never even notice the train passing near-by. We live less than 3 hours from Asheville, so it is our favorite weekend get-a-way spot and for years we have always stayed at this motel. It is so clean, comfortable and reasonably priced, we see no reason to look for somewhere else to stay in Asheville. It is conveniently located half way between Asheville and Black Mountain and very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Its location off I-40 makes it just minutes to just about anywhere in the Asheville area. The staff at this motel make you feel like you are visiting family (actually, they are nicer to me than most of my family). The rooms are large and have a microwave and a small fridge. I have recommended this motel to many of my friends (and even my boss and his wife) and I haven't heard a complaint yet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear side of the motel have the best views of the mountains, but also are closer to the...
1 Thank athensdawg30607
Huntigntown
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Yes the rain runs on the back of the property as many time as twice an hour. I am not sure if it runs between 10pm or 3 am but before and after that time I can tell the Train does run.
I would suggest getting a room on the parking lot side of the building. That would be a room with an even number. I would give this property Five Sunbursts just like Days Inn does. It is not a Hampton but it is a great value for the money. It has large rooms that are in good shape and they are clean. The beds are in very good shape. There was a microwave and fridge in our room. I would stay here again. It is easy to find off I-40

Room Tip: Call the property and reserve a room next to the parking lot so you can avoid the Train.
1 Thank Jerry-retired
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2011

For such a reasonable price, we were holding our breath. However, from check-in to check-out, this was a really nice experience. Our stylish room included a refrigerator and microwave, the pool was heated with a basketball hoop, an expanded continental breakfast included fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs and cottage cheese as proteins, and make your own homemade waffles, and the price was great. Yes, the train whistle was a bit of a nuisance, but honestly, it was sort of refreshingly old-fashioned. This neat place was a very good value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family