“Passable for one night stay”

Days Inn Asheville/Tunnel Road & I-40
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We opened the door to our "non-smoking" room only to be hit in the face with the stench of stale smoke. We complained, only to be told the hotel was full and they could "spray something" if that would help. When I said no, it would not "help" because my kids have allergies, and began talking to my husband about making a complaint and finding another hotel... THEN they suddenly had a king room they could set a cot up in for us. Once we got into that room, everything was fine. The room was clean and there was plenty of space. The pool area was very nice, with a nice mountain view, and the breakfast was satisfactory, especially for the price we paid.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is a budget hotel? Really? I was very suitably impressed. In fact, I was debating extending my stay in Asheville by one day. The hotel was the deciding vote. It is in excellent condition. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The shower height and water pressure were very good. The wireless Internet was reliable and fast. Also, the location of the hotel is close to the interstate, making a trip to Biltmore a snap. I can understand why AAA gave it a 2011 Diamond Award. If you're in the Asheville area, this is the place to stay. I recommend it highly!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2011

At first we thought it was "decent" for the price. Later on we learned that railroad tracks were right next to the building. Not only did it run 3-4 times between 1am-7am, waking us up each time... but the room was very stale and nasty smelling. Otherwise it seemed clean. there was nothing special about this place though. Breakfast was ok, the pool was fine.. The mattress was so soft that we woke up sore and debated on sleeping in the floor. The internet would barely work.. way worse than dial-up ever was. No intentions of going back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TraumeVonDir
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Wow! I was traveling through the Asheville area on a business trip and stayed at this property. The rooms were new and nicely decorated... The entire property was clean as a whistle and the staff was incredibly nice. I highly recomend this property to anyone looking to travel to the Asheville area...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2011

we use the room saver coupon so 66$ with TX ....for 66$ in asheville I don't think you can go wrong , a little above average room in this price range

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Clean, nice rooms with 2 beds, fridge, microwave; continental breakfast w/ fresh fruit. Great location. All for $65.00 a nite. Free wi-fi.

Room Tip: Used hotels.com
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. My husband especially liked the wi-fi. It was too cold to use the pool when we were there, but it was crystal clear and very inviting. The staff was helpful in pointing out some local spots to get a good meal.

Al in all we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple