“Would visit again!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Ordered dinner on Wednesday night, not busy. Ordered from menu: lamb pasanda, onion paneer naan, and mango lassi (see photo). Food nicely presented, seasoned as requested, and delicious. Service great and attentive. Located in strip mall.

1  Thank Trekker-Traveler
There are newer reviews for India Garden

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant when shopping. What a wonderful surprise! The atmosphere was clean, neat and very calming. Staff was friendly and attentive. Husband ordered the Tandoori Mixed Grill and I had the Chicken Pasanda. Both were excellent! And we are still talking about it two days later. We shared the bread basket assortment because we really aren't familiar with Indian breads. All were fresh, soft and quite tasty--a nicely complementing the more spicy main dishes. Husband requested a sample of all three sauces. All of the vegtables, including the salad were fresh and arrived very hot or cold as needed. Because it was a bit chilly outside I ordered a cup of tea and regret that I didn't ask about it. It was exotic and delicious. There is also an assortment of wine and Indian beers but hubby stuck with Sam Adams. Highly highly recommend and we definitely want to return ASAP.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Food is good and fresh.
It was open on memorial day too.
Food was tasty.
Nice and neat.
Far from downtown.
I did't liked starters that much.
Salt was less in all dishes.
Manchurian was more like muthiya in indo-chinese style though it was tasty. Rotis are less in quantity compared to other restaurants.
Over all good.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

...tucked away in a strip mall across from the Asheville Mall. I've eaten at several of the Indian restaurants in Asheville and find this to be the best. Spices are used judiciously and don't overpower the food. There are a lot of options for vegetarian diets and the lunch buffet is a bargain. It seems to be more "authentic" rather than "westernized." The raita is cooling & delicate, the tamarind sauce is tangy, the mint chutney... addictive with the garlic naan. Vegetables are cooked just right. If you're looking for some authentic food in an intimate setting away from the hustle and bustle of down-town, I highly recommend India Garden.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

In general, I find the Indian food in Asheville to be superior to Chinese, Mexican, or even Japanese or Thai options. I think that Mela, Chai Pani, Cinnamon Kitchen, and India Garden are all good. Perhaps because India Garden is near where we live and it's easy to park it seems to be the one we go to most. It was where we went to get take out for our first meal as residents of Asheville, so India Kitchen will always have a special place in my heart (not to mention stomach) Everyone in our family really likes the lunch buffet especially, and when I'm in the mood for a big filling comfort food Indian meal, it's hard to beat.