“$10 lunch buffet: service OK: Not Horrible.”
Review of India Garden

India Garden
Ranked #255 of 810 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Had the lunch buffet on Friday, August 10th. The dining room was very comfortable, nice table clothes and cloth napkins, pleasant music. The vegetarian dishes were just not spicy-seasoned or spicy-hot enough for me. A lot of people may prefer milder food as the other diners seemed to be enjoying the food. I have tried Chai Pani, Katmandu and Mela. Mela is the most acceptable. None match Indian Restaurants in larger cities so far. Indian food is my favorite. I would not return to India Garden.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Cajoled my husband into revisiting the India Garden lunch buffet (after about three years) and boy, did I regret it. The offerings were skimpy and barely lukewarm: chicken in a bland sauce, chicken in a less bland sauce, watery dal, sweet vegetables, and the piece de resistance -- well past its prime tandoori chicken with the consistency of cottage cheese and the taste of offal. My husband took a bite and spit it out, but of course I had to taste it too -- and spit mine out as well. There are too many excellent restaurants in Asheville to waste time and stomach space on this (not) hot mess.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We have eaten here a number of times through the years. Food seems to be of lesser quality each time. We enjoyed the butter chicken and the chicken tikka masala was ok. The tandoori shrimp was terrible--horribly dry with overcooked vegetables as well. The lamb biryani was equally poorly prepared. Kind of expensive for that kind of quality. The dal was terribly overspiced and not really edible. The naan bread was nice.
Mela has way better food with prices about the same. Loved their pistachio lamb.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have lived in Asheville for 13 years and love Cinammon Kitchen so thought to try this closer option. I will not be returning here. I am in the hospitality business and this place could be serving nirvana on a plate and I wouldn't return to eat it.

The buffet, in fact, is slightly above average but the complete lack of any graciousness on behalf of this dining establishment's personnel has insured that I will not be returning. Read a review below from a person experiencing the same.

Suggestion: Look at your guests when they enter your building. They have many dining choices in Asheville and for today, they have chosen you. Ask them if they would like to take a look at the buffet before deciding. Smile, engage. There are many dining locations in Asheville with servers really skilled in making guests feel welcomed and at home. To patronize this very average food with completely bizarre customer interpersonal relationship skills is a situation I will forgo in the future.

Go to Cinnamon Kitchen. They are lovely-kind-happy to see you and the food will rock your world.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Baljit Singh and staff have always made our visits to India Garden enjoyable. The food is very flavorful and fresh. The service is impeccable. Would pay more for what we get, but glad we dont have to. They also have a delicious lunch buffet. Plenty of free parking helps alot too, and they are only a couple minutes from downtown Asheville near the Mall.