“The Best Meal We Had In Asheville”
Review of The Corner Kitchen

The Corner Kitchen
Ranked #20 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: All Soul's Crescent
Description: Lots of places do Farm to Table, the difference is what happens in between.
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We dined at Corner Kitchen while making the rounds of the best restaurants in Asheville...or at least the best according to Trip Advisor. Without a doubt, Corner Kitchen has earned its great reviews. The setting in an old home was great, and we had a table near a fireplace which was a plus. The menu was very diverse, but with a definite southern flare. If you can't find something on this menu, then Asheville isn't the place for you. We happened to dine on a Tuesday, which was half price bottle wine night, so we wound up splurging on a bottle that we otherwise would not have. And finally, when it came to dessert, we weren't able to decide, so we wound up ordering three!

The service could have been a bit more attentive, especially toward the end of the meal, as it seemed to slide off at the conclusion. I wouldn't say the service was bad, just a bit mediocre. That said...the food is far from mediocre and is worth overlooking a few bumps here or there. We may not ever return to Asheville, but if we do, Corner Kitchen will certainly be on our itinerary.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,550)

Reviewed December 29, 2010

Hands down, our all-time favorite place to dine in Asheville. There is so much excellent cuisine in the area, and this is easily right up there on top. Excellent local cuisine, with fresh local ingredients. Service is very good. The Corner Kitchen is a delight! When in Asheville, don't miss it!

Reviewed December 23, 2010

I was happy that I made reservations once I saw the crowd at 11:45 a.m. on a Wednesday morning! We were promptly seated and our server was very friendly and helpful. I was trying to decide between the fried oyster salad and the pot pie and the server recommended the salad. I'm glad that she did because it was delicous- fried oysters served on top of spinach greens with cranberries, pecans, tomatoes, bacon and blue cheese crumbles with an apple vinaigrette. My wife had the Ploughman's lunch and also enjoyed it very much.

The place was absolutely slammed, so call ahead. There were about 15-20 people waiting for a table to come open and it was quite cold outside.

Reviewed December 22, 2010

As a serious cook, I am usually truly disappointed in most restaurants.Rarely do I find a restaurant that makes better food than I do. And when they do, the price is often far more than I wish to pay for. The dinner at Corner Kitchen far surpassed my expectations. Local fare with innovation--now that's cooking. Unexpected food at a very reasonable price. If you are a serious diner, then you have to go to this restaurant.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

My husband and I came here for brunch on our wedding anniversary back in September. I got the corn beef hash with a horseradish cream sauce. It was the best thing I've ever had! Our waiter, from up north was also very friendly and accommodating :) can't wait to come back on our next trip to asheville!