“Very popular!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: All Soul's Crescent
Description: Lots of places do Farm to Table, the difference is what happens in between.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

There was a waiting line when it opened at 11:30 a.m. but we were seated quickly. The mushroom bisque was excellent and my portobello sandwich was very good. My husband had the chicken sandwich special which he said was delicious. We have eaten here several times and it's always good. One note: because it is housed in an historic building, it is not handicap accessible and the restrooms are all upstairs.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,553)

Reviewed April 23, 2014

A very convenient location, Biltmore Village shopping area is great for retail, hotels and dining. This is my second visit to The Corner Kitchen. My first experience was so good, I had to return. Brunch on Saturday has a good variety of menu items. I chose fried oyster salad with a soup special of corn and crab chowder. Perfect for a damp and chilly day. I was seated beside a lit fireplace, in a small room and the ambiance was lovely. The restaurant is a small house with nice outdoor patio seating, weather permitting. Lively, friendly, casual atmosphere.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

As we were making our plans to come to Asheville a friend recommended the Corner Kitchen - they said it was one of their favorite restaurants in town. I'm so happy that we listened and stopped in one night for dinner. I started with the Corn & Crab Chowder - yummy and my friend had the baby Arugula salad which was a big hit. For entrees I tried the special of the night which was a stuffed chicken breast that was tasty, tender and very moist and my friend feasted on the salmon. We were too stuffed to enjoy the desserts but they looked amazing. Another wonderful meal while in Asheville!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We enjoyed the breakfast at the Corner Kitchen. It could be our imagination, but the food did not seem as good as when we were there last year.
Taking reservations is helpful.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed April 19, 2014

1st time guest here - I had heard a lot about the corner kitchen, and had high expectations.

The waitress was not attentive, and did not have meal recommendations, even after asking for one. Tables were too close to each other, and I kept getting bumped by one of the chairs next to mine. I ordered the shrimp and grits - The food was cold, unsavory, and had pieces of particles in it.

May have gone on an "off" day, but I won't be returning.