“Get there early!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: All Soul's Crescent
Description: Lots of places do Farm to Table, the difference is what happens in between.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Fabulous home cooking in a quaint older home in Biltmore Village.

We went for the Saturday brunch. We were there about three minutes before they opened and there was already a small line.

When you enter the Corner Kitchen it is like entering a friend's home, warm and inviting.

We were seated on the glass covered sun porch. The waitress told us about the special homemade corned beef hash and the Boston Way buttermilk marinated fried chicken.

They have a great website that shares some of their recipes and a lot of info; http://thecornerkitchen.com/

We ordered one of each and enjoyed every bite. The portions are plentiful and the variety of menu items is all encompassing.

By the time we left there was a waiting line out the door. Go early! Well worth the visit, would go here for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We visited the Biltmore Estate and gardens in the morning and decided to drive here for lunch before going back to see Antler Village. It is located right outside of the entry gate to the gounds. I had a very good salad with fried oysters and my husband had a burger he really enjoyed. Service was fast and friendly. Nice atmosphere as well. Would recommend.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My daughter and I ate at the Corner Kitchen based on reviews listed here on Trip Adviser. I wasn't familiar with the Asheville area but had heard some restaurants were worth visiting. Wow! Are we happy we did! Coming off 9 days in the mountains with her team, my daughter was looking and SMELLING..not her best. Since we needed to catch a flight back to Maryland in 2 hours and given how hungry she was from her Outward Bound trip, we had no time to get her cleaned up - eating was the priority. Much to my surprise they let us in anyway! (Sorry to those near us who had to endure her mountain girl smell!)

We both sampled the shrimp skewers - delightful! My memorable moment came with my Reuben sandwich and a side of pea salad - perfectly toasted marbled rye, sauerkraut, swiss and the thinnest corned beef, layer after layer of perfectly thin corned beef, kissed with thousand island dressing. I still think about it!

My daughter's memorable moment was her burger - huge, juicy, perfectly cooked, blue cheese and tons of other great savory toppings. Fairly straight forward, simple american fare, right? - but they knocked it out of the park. It was by far the BEST reuben I have ever had in my life - and I grew up in NY where you could get great ones at any deli.

Desserts for us consisted of the bread pudding and creme brulee. The bread pudding was hands down heavenly.

Staff was so polite, helpful and cheerful. Made great recommendations.

Street parking mostly - there might be a parking garage somewhere but I never saw one.

Please go try this restaurant. I recommend making a reservation if they take them, but even at the height of the lunch rush, we only waited 30 minutes...and even then - they brought out drinks for us.

Will look to try this place again (but for dinner) if we are ever back in town.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I always love eating at the Corner Kitchen and I have never been disappointed in my meal. Tonight I brought a business associate to the Corner Kitchen and we both had the Grouper. Our meals were fabulous and Tom, the manager, added that special down-home southern hospitality. Way to go Corner Kitchen. Another great dish!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Birthday celebration meals are either hit or miss. This was a big hit! Drew was an awesome server, the food was delicious [you gotta try to salmon jullienne appetizer], and what's not to love about Biltmore Village?