“Busy, rushed”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: All Soul's Crescent
Description: Lots of places do Farm to Table, the difference is what happens in between.
Summerfield, North Carolina
“Busy, rushed”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were happy to get reservations near our hotel, and the reviews on this site helped us find the Corner Kitchen. I felt a little crowded and rushed. We ate quickly and left. Not a dining experience. Also, there were few gluten free options, and the wait person had to ask about each item I was attempting to select.

However, over all, what I received was excellent, and some of my companions said their order was, also. Others just rated this as OK. I will be willing to try this again as my portions were fine.

Asheville is noted for many good restaurants, but I would rate this one a little lower than others in the area.

• Visited May 2013

asehville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never disappoints....”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food is imaginative and delicious. While a few special favorites remain on the menu always, the rest is ever changing and delightful. Don't miss the souffle which must be ordered with the entree to allow time to bake. The wait staff -- and the chef/owners -- are friendly and efficient and the vibe all over the Corner Kitchen is welcoming, and it's conveniently located in Biltmore Village. Their second location -- The Chestnut -- in downtown Asheville is crisp and new, while the Corner Kitchen has a pleasantly years-gone-by feel. Both are always good -- and never disappoint. I always bring my out of town visitors to one of these two restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, NC
“nice place”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner but were glad we had reservations on a Tues night. However, they did not open the second floor which may have been the reason it was crowded.

I started with a cup of the split pea soup that was outstanding, and it was really a small bowl. Then the Village green salad was served which was very good, mainly lettuce with some aspargus and onion. My entree was stuffed chicken served with rice. All my dishes seemed a little salty. My wife had trout which she really enjoyed. No bread is served with meals but comes as a side for $4.

Our service by Lauren was attentive and professional. We did have to wait for the entrees but everything else was timely.

The restrooms are on the second floor which is a little inconvenience.

The house is one of the original houses in Biltmore Village which housed the workers of the Biltmore Estate. The noise level was at most moderate as we were in a room with only 4 other tables.

All in all, it was a good dinner.

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great breakfast - you will keep going back”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I discovered this restaurant on our 2nd to last day in Asheville. It was so good, we returned the next morning. The food is fantastic and you cannot beat the service. Next time we go to Asheville, it is likely we will dine here every morning. They take reservations and I suggest making them.

• Visited November 2012
Hopatcong, New Jersey
“So good --we went two days in a row!!!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were on one of the historic trolley tours and it stopped by the Corner kitchen. Sine it was lunch time we decided to stop and eat. What a delightful experience ~ food was superb, plentiful and the atmosphere charming. The staff is friendly and attentive. We enjoyed it so much that the following morning we returned for breakfast! Once again, it was delicious, well presented and overall a most enjoyable experience. President Obama and the family ate there -as you enter the restaurant look up on the right wall and you can spot the photo~

If in Asheville --make it a point to dine there for one --or more --of your meals!

• Visited April 2013