“Great little neighborhood gem!”
Review of The Corner Kitchen

The Corner Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 785 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: All Soul's Crescent
Description: Lots of places do Farm to Table, the difference is what happens in between.
Atlanta, GA
“Great little neighborhood gem!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We visited the Corner Kitchen before our daytime return to the Biltmore on a Saturday. They had a nice brunch type menu, which apparently changes on occasion. All of us chose the breakfast options which were lovely. It is a little pricier than your chain restaurants, but we enjoyed the cozy atmosphere and special touches.

Visited December 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good for dessert”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We had the swordfish jambalaya and the duck breast. The swordfish was pretty good, the jambayala came with shrimp and chicken. Would have been better if it was spicier, it was not spicy at all, contrary to spicy being in the entree name on the menu. The duck was disappointing, there were thin slices of duck, not juicy or flavorful. The plate was not hot when it arrived to our table. Small portion that left me in want of more food. The dessert was good - get the bread pudding!

The restroom upstairs was very small and in bad need of cleaning...

pugnut
“So good I'm reluctant to tell others!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Hands down one of the best dinners we've had from start to finish! I genuinely worry that it will become harder to get a reservation once others experience it. First, it's in a cute, cozy house-like setting in Biltmore village-very convenient if you're visiting the Biltmore estate or staying at the Grand Bohemian Hotel. Started with the baby arugula salad with toasted walnuts, shaved pear and crumbled blue cheese-perfect combination and tossed with a light viniagrette ($7) Tough to decide on an entree here but the sweet mustard glazed three meat meatloaf ($19) was outstanding and I had to fight my 3 dining companions off of it once they tasted it. The meatloaf was topped with a light drizzle of 3 different sauces, not sure what they are but complimented it perfectly. The two sides were collard greens and cheddar grits, both were delicious but the collards were exceptional. Reservations are highly recommended on weekends for dinner and during tourist seasons but you would probably be able to grab a seat at the bar for two if you just walked in.

• Visited December 2012
Skokie, IL
“I liked the Meat Loaf, Wife had the trout, but did not find it great”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I really liked it. I found that the building and food had a great deal of character. It may have been a bit expensive for some, but you are a very upscale neighborhood. Yes I would eat there again. My wife was suffering from a bit of a cold and her tastes may have been a bit off, because she found her trout mediocre.

Visited December 2012
Naples, Italy
“Best breakfast in Asheville!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Got a reservation for breakfast @ corner kitchen during a visit to AVL... oh, man was it good! From the fresh bread & strawberry jam, to one of the best breakfast meals I've ever had... I wouldn't change a thing. The service was great, the restaurant was clean - perfect. I ordered the Homemade Corned Beef Hash, which was fresh, shredded corned beef grilled up, typically served with poached eggs (I got mine fried instead - my preference), with a horseradish cream sauce, homefries & toast. My husband got the Hickory Nut Gap Chorizo & Eggs, served with salsa and tortillas... both were fantastic. Will definitely make this a must-visit when in AVL... I loved it!

• Visited November 2012