“Yummy Southern Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: All Soul's Crescent
Description: Lots of places do Farm to Table, the difference is what happens in between.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had Sunday brunch here after attending church with our Asheville hostess. Maybe we had been eating at all the wrong places up till then, but when a Yankee goes to North Carolina he or she likes a bit of southern cuisine and hospitality. Corner Kitchen has both.
Located in Biltmore Village, it is a restored Biltmore staffer house (so I am told) set on a tree-lined street. The menu is full of delicious comfort food. Our young server was charming and well trained. We ended the meal ordering a bread pudding topped with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream, and three spoons. It was truly a three-person serving! If you're still hungry when you leave, something's wrong with you.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,521)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very charming restaurant, excellent food, warm welcome. The brunch was superior too. There is always a wait so make sure you can ahead.

1  Thank Neem_neem

*I give 5 point reviews on restaurants. Follow me at GirlSunday*

Overall:
We were hungry and wanted just good, local food. The Corner Kitchen was perfect. We were able to walk to it from our DoubleTree Suites. The atmosphere was like being in bungalow. Service was attentive. Food was very good. I would call this "classy comfort food."

Food:
I got the meatloaf, and my husband got the pork tenderloin. We each opted for the fried green tomatoes as a side. They were excellent. I reluctantly got the collard greens because my husband likes them, but I ended up really enjoying them- be cautioned that they have molasses, though. We generally eat low-sugar/low- carb, so these were definitely not as healthy as they seemed (but worth it!). Our iced tea was well-brewed and constantly refreshed. Our meal started with a cute little cucumber with chicken salad on top. I love free items!

Atmosphere:
A sweet, 2-story bungalow in a town-like area. Clean and bustling with patrons. Wood floors, tables and chairs, a bar area, and big, picture windows.

Service:
Our server was attentive but not intrusive. It's hard to get that balance just right. He refilled our tea when needed (without being asked) and gave some great personal recommendations on the restaurant items.

Price:
I thought the food was a little bit on the pricey side (I think our meals were close to $20 each, but would have been more appropriately priced at $10-15), but we were hungry and the place was open, and the food was very good, so I'm not complaining too much.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Corner Kitchen is a great little restaurant in the heart of Biltmore Village. It serves lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. I recommend reservations during the busy time of year(leaf season). It was on President Obama's restaurant list when he visited Asheville with Michelle and friends. They have great Southern food with a modern day twist. It's a favorite spot for a ladies lunch and equally good for a romantic dinner or dinner with family. Don't miss their newest restaurant to the Asheville scene, Chestnut, which is in downtown Asheville and also turns out outstanding food and cocktails.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This restaurant is right in the heart of Biltmore Village and is in a lovely old house redone into t restaurant. There can sometimes be a wait, but you can walk around the cute little village visiting the small shops to kill the time. My daughter and I went here for lunch and there was a wait for a table, but we were able to get in right away by sitting at the bar. I had a portabello mushroom sandwich with goat cheese with was excellent. Their side of potato salad with goat cheese and red cabbage coleslaw was also very good. My daughter just ordered a hamburger medium rare. It had to be sent back as it was too rare, but they happily cooked her a second one which was perfect. I thought the food was very good though a little bit too pricey. The location is great, however, if you are visiting Biltmore Estates.

1  Thank boulderjeanne