“This is an awesome place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Baba Ghannouj
Columbus, North Carolina
“This is an awesome place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

The food is excellent. The gyro was first class and the pita bread was fresh and delicious! We had some great sides to go with it. The service was friendly and promt. I can't believe it's in the mall. The owner is looking for another location to open up. I don't mind going to the mall with my wife anymore!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible find in a food court in a mall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

A food court, who would have thought???? The food here is awesome! Choice of type of meat for gyro, plus spicy or non-spicy. Great Greek salad, hummus, tzaztiki and pita bread. Generous portions and good prices. Really nice folks who work there too. Not going to lie - stopped for lunch while killing time waiting to check into our hotel and actually went back for dinner. Yes, it was that good!!

• Visited May 2013
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“A foodie's paradise in the Asheville Mall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I can't believe that 1) this place is in the mall food court and 2) it's SO good. I have now been several times and have been blown away every time. The atmosphere is, obviously, lacking, though the side of the food court closest to the road into the parking deck is far away enough from the kids' play center to be almost pleasant (e.g. sit as far away as possible from the kids' play area and the voluminous waves of odors emanating from Abercrombie).

My favorite things here are the falafel pita (get it spicy!) and the "crazy" chicken burrito (again, spice it up!). Their namesake, the baba ghannouj, is also excellent. They have a whole case full of beautiful, fresh sides to choose from. The salads are quite good. The only thing we weren't crazy about were the pickled turnips (if I'm remembering correctly--the pink pickled veggies)--too salty for my taste! The baklava is great. I can't wait to try everything on the menu. I'm not even hungry but I could totally eat one of those crazy burritos right now.

Asheville, don't skip this place! I've been many places in this grand old world, and Baba Ghannouj has some of the best Mediterranean fare I can remember.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Asheville, NC
“Best gyro since Chicago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are from the Chicago area and haved missed eating great gyros. We were thrilled and much suprised when we found the best gyro and freshest gyro in Asheville in the Asheville Mall food court! We don't usually eat in the food court unless it's to go to Chick Fil A. This mediterranean restaurant serves the food quickly (not super fast) and it is fresh, very tasty. You really have to try it to believe this can be mall "fast" food. Now if we could just get the Asheville Mall to upgrade the food court!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Asheville, North Carolina
“A true treat in a Food Court!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Although this restaurant is in a food court in the Asheville North Carolina Mall it is by far the
best lunch we've had in such an area. We shared a Greek salad and stuffed grape leaf. The stuffing was excellent, not too oily and not overdone. Sharing a lamb gyro as the entree made the lunch just right for less than $8. That included a 8 oz diet soda. The place was far from crowded and we got lots of info from the order taker. He knew his stuff and watched as everything was checked by him. The chef was behind the door but the place had an 97% inspection. I watched as the assistant prepared the meat (cut immediately) and gyro. We were surprised at the flavor and quantity. Yes, they have a child's (10 years and under) menu. Plus, and this is a plus, spicy is upon request!

• Visited October 2012