“Beautiful and Relaxing”

Biltmore Village Inn
Ranked #8 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2009

My husband and I visited the Inn for a Valentine/Anniversary weekend. This was our first stay at a B & B so we didn't know what to expect. Cudos to Bob and crew for making our weekend special. The house if beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The bed and linens are pure luxury! This Inn set the bar high for future Inn experiences! Our Valentine dinner on Sat. night was wonderful. The cook is exceptional. The only minor problem was if you don't drink....you're in trouble! There is a frig with drinks available but nothing diet and nothing was offered during dinner other than wine, wine and more wine. Not everyone drinks and I think it would have been nice to have had the option of iced tea, fruit tea or a diet drink. We did have water available. This is truly a classy Inn that I would recommend to anyone. I don't think children would fit in.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband and I travel with 2 other couples, and we do "mystery trips". The women planned this trip, and the men had no clue where we were going. (We did take a detour through Gatlinburg to throw them off for awhile.) We pulled into the Biltmore Village Inn's parking lot, and we all said "wow"!

We were met by Drew who made us feel completely at home as soon as we walked in the door, and then made us some mimosas! I knew we had picked the right spot. We were all taken on a tour of the house along with 4 other guests who had just arrived, then shown to our respective rooms. My husband and I were in the Reed room which had a fireplace in the bedroom and in the bathroom, a double jacuzzi along with a shower, an outside entrance onto the spacious porch, comfy linens and mattress, and a wine cooler.

After we settled in, we were treated to wine, cheese, deli meats, and crackers. There was also a pantry filled with soft drinks, hot chocolate mix, tea, snacks, bottled water, and a coffee maker that we were encouraged to use during our stay.

The breakfast was a 3 course meal, starting with a scone or biscuit with flavored butter, then yogurt with frest fruit, finished with a quiche that varied daily. These were all presented beautifully, artfully, and timely. We also had orange, apple, and cranberry juices along with coffee, tea, and milk.

We were there for Valentine's Day, and were rewarded with a 5 course dinner that evening. I don't know where the chef (Sarah) was trained, but she is fantastic! We had all the food and wine we wanted, and then some! Roses and music were everywhere in the inn, and a heart, shaped from rose petals, was created on our bed while we were out touring the Biltmore house.

We have stayed at 30 to 40 bed and breakfasts around the world, and this is by far the best. If you choose this as your first B&B, just know you will probably be disappointed by any inn that follows.

Bob, Carmen, Aaron, and Drew are at the inn to serve their guests, and they do pamper you and make you feel at home.

I must say the women did a fantastic job picking the Biltmore Village Inn! The inn made our mystery weekend very special!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband booked this inn for our anniversary. I didn't know where we were going until we got there. I was a little uncertain about doing a B&B because of a prior experience at another.

However, this experience has changed my view forever. Between Bob and Drew and the wonderful inn, I would greatly recommend this to anyone. It wasn't simply a B&B. It was magical cuisine, an educational experience (we learned so much about the Tango!), a wonderful get-away that was all that.

So if you have ever not liked a B&B, definitely try this one so they can change your mind! Our stay was one of those lifetime memories.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We selected the bed and breakfast getaway. The price seemed a little high but once we arrived, I was dead wrong. The package included valet parking, access to the Biltmore house, and the best breakfast buffet I have ever eaten. The rooms were nice and the maid service comes twice a day. The bathrooms had all the normals and the Inn shuttle service was great. The staff was very friendly and we had a great time. I would high recommend this place!

Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed February 15, 2009

An experience to remember! The old Victorain mansion-turned-B&B was impressive in it's own right, although the dining, decor, and staff were equally excellent. My boyfriend and I recently stayed at their "honeymoon suite" which had all the amenities you could imagine; replete with aromatic soaps, two fireplaces, a wine cooler, and quite appropriately, a heart-shaped jacuzzi! Just a short stroll away is a splendid view of the historic Biltmore Village, the architectural quality of the small shops and boutiques brings to mind the coziness and charm of the English Countryside. 'Drew' is a knowledgeable and charismatic guy and has the 'low-down' on the local 'to-do'. The owner, Bob, is a very kind and gentle man, he had generously offered us to come in for wine and cheese, and even made some popcorn, a nice touch. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2009

My husband and I booked a long weekend as an anniversary trip, but never expected the great time that we had. Bob and Drew have a way of making you feel like you've been invited to a friends house for the weekend. Beautifully decorated house, large rooms, great food, and above all, a level of hospitality that far exceeds any expectations. We were fortunate enough to share the weekend with a few other couples: we came as strangers, left as friends. I can't give a higher compliment to the 2 people who encourage that kind of comfort, and promote that comradarie.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2009

my fiancee surprised my friend and myself and had booked us in here as a gift. we loved this place and only left because we had to! plan on coming back lots of times... BEST DOG FRIENDLY PLACE TO STAY.... my two frenchies loved it here and every one went out of their way to be kind and helpful and make their stay as great as our stay. ..... 4 stars from both Monica and myself and four bones from Fala and Winnie

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends