“A not to be missed experience”

Biltmore Village Inn
Ranked #9 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated our 40th anniversary with a stay at the Biltmore Village Inn. A perfect choice. Breakfasts are incredible. We will be emailing them for some recipes they offered to share! The hosts do not overlook any detail. The Penthouse suite is cozy and comfortable. They even arranged a light dusting of snow for our last morning so the view from the turret room was great that morning. The location is great... two of the best restaurants we tried were just down the hill in Biltmore Village. The front gate to the Biltmore Estate is just 5 minutes away. After a day of exploring Asheville we returned to a delightful array of cheese, nuts, cured meats and of course wine.

1  Thank Jay_Jackie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

From the moment I walked into the front door of Biltmore Village Inn and met Monica, one of the owners, I knew my stay at this bed & breakfast inn was going to be a good one, very nice. Well, that was an understatement. IT WAS SPECTACULAR! Monica was warm and welcoming, and I soon found myself thinking I had known her for a long time. She offered me something to drink, and we sat down while she told me some of the history of the inn, for example, the fact that the inn had been the residence of George Vanderbilt's attorney.

Since this was a working weekend, Monica showed me to the Executive Cottage where I would had complete quiet and uninterrupted time to get my work done. And, my what a beautiful cottage it was! Decorated top notch -- quite the way I myself might have done it. I had a living room with gas logs, dining area, full kitchen which even had a wine cooler and coffee pot with many selections of coffee/tea/hot chocolate, bedroom, and a bath with both shower and garden tub with jets. On the deck was a table with chairs and a hot tub! How wonderful and very private! There was also provided in the cottage a phone to call Monica if I needed anything. Every amenity was there in the cottage, though, and it felt so homey and cozy. And guess what Monica's assistant walked in with as Monica was showing me the cottage and telling me about the amenities? A plate of cheeses, assorted meats and crackers, and grapes and a bottle of wine! Wow! Very nice!

Due to the fact that I was working and alone, I didn't want to venture out after dark, and also I wanted to use every minute to get my work done. The reason I chose Biltmore Village Inn is because dinner is available for guests. I ordered dinner which was to be created in the inn by the inn's chef and owner, Monica's husband Jon. The meal was amazing and far surpassed my expectations! From the menu I selected Butternut Squash soup which was the best I have ever tasted! I really wasn't expecting it to be all that good because I make the soup, too, and I think mine is the best from all I've eaten all over the United States-- that is until I tasted theirs. After the soup I had a salad which contained a mix of greens, marinated beets, and hearts of palms dressed oh so deliciously! Excellent! I also selected shrimp cocktail, and when I tasted it I found it to be far more than what I had eaten in the past. Chef Jon prepared his own cocktail sauce which was outstanding. Now, for dessert I had a bread pudding topped with a whiskey sauce and a scoop of dulce de leche ice cream! Excellent! Every food selected you might find in a five-star hotel.

Breakfast the next morning consisted of orange juice, coffee, home-made cinnamon bun topped with a creamy sweet glaze, fruit topped with a crunchy granola, and a delightful egg and ham souffle. I was stuffed, and it was a wonderful way to begin my day.

Needless to say, I am definitely going back and taking my husband for a relaxation trip. He will absolutely LOVE the Biltmore Village Inn, and he will especially love the cottage -- the perfect get-away with privacy.

Room Tip: Even though I stayed in the Executive Cottage I did have a chance to see some of the rooms in the in...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheila D
Reviewed March 20, 2013

What an outstanding place to stay! From the minute we arrived our experience was top notch. Monica was the first to greet us and she took us on a short tour of the house and showed us to our rooms in the penthouse. Wow! Cozy, gorgeous, comfortable, and the turret room filled with the afternoon sun is my new favorite memory! My lover surpised me with the romance package which included roses and gourmet chocolates from a local chocolate shop. The roses are still full and lush nearly a week later! We were treated each morning with a different mouth watering breakfast served in three courses at our own pace. What a delightful experience! Impossible think of Asheville without picturing this beautiful inn to come "home" to each evening!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had the best time ever - all thanks to the Biltmore Village Inn. The Carolina Cottage is beautiful - a two-room suite across the driveway from the main house. The cottage and the main house were gorgeously appointed. Flat screen TVs and DVD players in each room and a jacuzzi bath were perfect. The breakfasts are absolutely delicious - gourmet meals, and the hosts were so accommodating for vegetarian and gluten-free diet restrictions. The butler's pantry was well-stocked and the afternoon wine and cheese hour was heavenly. Monica and Dave are amazing hosts and the other staff was attentive, gave us great recommendations, and took care of us like we were family. The location was convenient - around the corner from Biltmore Estate and very close to downtown.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013

What happens when your spring break falls a little early? Spring had not "sprung" in Asheville, but that didn't stop us from thoroughly enjoying our stay at the beautiful Biltmore Village Inn. Sure we could see more flowers in a few weeks, but the crowds were low, the restaurants were uncrowded, and really...what's not to love about a graciously appointed, luxurious inn-- no matter what time of year?
We were greeted with a glass of wine and a tour of the home, settled into the lovely penthouse rooms, and proceeded to enjoy every second of our 3 night stay.
The food is prepared by an on-site professional chef whose skill and presentation rival any that you've enjoyed in nationally rated restaurant. Three course breakfasts, served joyfully by the hostesses, ensured every day got off to just the right start. Huevos rancheros, steak with merlot sauce, banana bread french toast, and creamy polenta were just a few of the breakfast delights.
We can't wait to return!
Renee in Houston

Room Tip: They are all beautiful! The penthouse, with the tower reading nook, was spacious and gorgeous.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family surprised me for my 70th birthday with a night's stay in the Reed Room, private dinner, and breakfast at the Biltmore Village Inn. I believe Monica, who helped our daughters plan the visit for me and my husband, was just as excited as we were with the special touches provided by her and the staff. John, our chef, served us a five course gourmet dinner that was fit for a king and queen. The young staff was extremely well trained in all aspects of hospitality and able to answer our questions about the history of the Samuel Reed House and area. It was a lovely experience in every way.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Biltmore Village Inn from December 31, 2012 through January 3, 2013 to celebrate the New Year and our anniversary, and our stay could not have been any better! From the incredible New Year's dinner (complete with steak, lobster and champagne, and excellent live music) to the beautiful and immaculate Biltmore Suite (two very comfortable rooms with fireplaces, great views), it truly was one of the best vacation experiences we've ever had.

We looked forward to breakfasts every day - different each day and delicious each time. And Monica and Vanessa were perfect hostesses. The House is in perfect condition and has a fascinating history. We also took advantage of the discounted Biltmore Estate ticket packages offered by the Inn and attended the stunning Biltmore Candlelight Christmas tour. You can't get closer to the Biltmore Estate unless you stay on the Estate itself.

We will definitely be back...in fact, I was on Tripadvisor to look again at the Biltmore Village Inn as I plan another trip to Asheville when I noticed I had neglected to post a review, so here it is. As I say in the title, we HIGHLY recommend it!

Room Tip: We looked in many of the rooms and they were all beautiful. We truly enjoyed the Biltmore Suite as...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple