“50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration”

Biltmore Village Inn
Ranked #7 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We recently spent a weekend at the Biltmore Village Inn in Asheville, NC in celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary. Our room was absolutely perfect! The views of the surrounding mountains and gardens were incredible! The gourmet breakfasts each day, as well as the afternoon wine and cheese delights were exceptional! We highly recommend this location for that special event in your life. We were within walking distance of fine food, entertainment, shopping, and historic sights. Monica and Mary-Ann were available to assist in whatever way needed, including booking dinner reservations, recommending area attractions, obtaining floral arrangements, and food 'n drink in our room, etc. Super hostesses! B&B Mays 11/2012

Room Tip: Always be specfic with your expectations when booking.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I wanted a quiet little weekend get away that wasn't too far from home but far enough to venture into a different city that isn't a usual stop. The Biltmore Village Inn is located just a few steps from the quant shopping district of Biltmore Village and a very short drive to the heart of downtown Asheville which provides ample opportunity for great dinning and entertainment. Upon arrival we were met with warm greetings and given a fantastic tour of and history lesson about the property. The accommodations were spacious, very clean, and private. Breakfast each morning was spectacular and the selections were great. We had a specific dietary need and the chef/owner was more than accommodating. We would highly recommend staying at this gem of a B&B located in the heart of Asheville.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our October weekend stay at the lovely Biltmore Village Inn- a charming Victorian B&B nestled in the mountains of Asheville with a spectacular mountain view and superb service. We were minutes from the Biltmore Estate, Biltmore Village shopping and downtown Asheville. Our gourmet breakfast - always amazing! Many thanks to MaryAnn and Monica for anticipating our every need and more. We look forward to our next stay.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Don't confuse the Biltmore Village Inn with the Biltmore Inn on the Biltmore Property. I got confused at first and in fact found this little gem by mistake.

If you're looking for a hotel, that is not as intimate, a quick stay, competing traffic from the Biltmore property, but easy access to Biltmore...then try the Biltmore Hotel Inn on the Biltmore property. After reading reviews on TripAdvisor, it hit me that the hotel or inn on the property was not what I was looking for. Plus it was way more expensive.

If you're like me and looking for a less expensive route, but more personalized, intimate, and homey, then read on...

Different people have different needs, so I wanted to clarify that for anyone else who was as confused as me while looking for a more customized and intimate place. I actually spent a whole day wasting my time, so I'm writing this review to help you save some time to plan your special event.

However if you're looking for something more customized, a bed and breakfast, intimate feel, for any romantic occasions, anniversaries, honeymoons, or even privacy...with a beautiful mountain view, then you're in for a treat.

You see...I was looking for a spot for my one and only honeymoon. You don't get these honeymoons, anniversaries, or time away but once in once in a long time. So planning a nice event for your loved ones is key.

I happened to stumble upon Biltmore Village Inn's website because a friend of mine had said you could find Biltmore Cottages. To my surprise I landed on the Inn's website and found tons of pictures.

No matter who you are, where you come from...They make you and everyone else feel like they're in some sort of upscale Biltmore atmosphere.

Months before the wedding - I called them up and talked to Bob, who revealead to me that they were not the Biltmore Inn on the site and that they were an actual bed and breakfast. Seeing that it was more of the intimate feel I was looking for, I put down a deposit. I could tell they were more personable than a hotel.

Months after, closer to the wedding in October, I received an email from Monica stating since I was staying for 4 nights, that I could be upgraded to the Executive Cottage for Free!!!

This was amazing, because having your own cottage is like having your own house with a mountain view. I'll include some pictures of what the house looks like in my review. And there aren't many cottages with a mountain view so this was a huge treat!

Day 1 - We arrived and met Monica. As she was helping another person, we looked around the house. It's so homey, yet the house was one of the few Biltmore built houses. Inside, you automatically feel like you're in some sort of upscale house. They have books and dvds you can rent and bring back to your cottage or room.

I highly recommend a cottage because it's more private. The other guests staying on site were nice and we talked to a few.

Monica was super friendly. She took good care of us, and showed us our cottage and what it had to offer. She also reserved a table for us at a local restaurant.

The cool thing is - the main house, they let you go in and grab drinks from the fridge as if it were your own house. It's definitely an honor system, and they trust you, so it makes you feel like you're at home.

Day 2 - We woke up and went into the main house for breakfast. I asked Monica for a private seating because otherwise you sit with other guests. We had our own private seating in one of the rooms and it was amazing! The food was amazing too. They have their own chefs, and the food is fanciest food I had ever seen, yet tastiest.

Then Day 3 all the way to Friday, was amazing. my wife and I toured Biltmore (and two consecutive day tickets were included in my package). It allows you to really bypass other people who want to buy tickets and makes your stay lovely.

Monica was there whenever we needed help, suggestions of what was good around town, etc. Then we met MaryAnn, another innkeeper closer to the end of the week. She was also very kind and friendly. I could see that they both loved their jobs very much, and because of that you got the best experience you could get.

We were also one street down from the Biltmore Village, which is a large shopping area that is next to Biltmore. You're basically at the heart of everything and next to the interstate. All in all this was the best place I've stayed in my lifetime and I've traveled a lot for business and stayed at upscale hotels. But none of them came close to this one.

Some of the key points that stood out to me that may help you - were the following ::

- Friendly people that actually care about your experience and stay. They treat you like royalty even though you're expecting just a regular breakfast.
- Will customize your breakfast, your seating arrangements (my wife doesn't like eggs and other items, because of personal preferences and they made it work).
- The coffee at breakfast is unbelievable. I'm an avid coffee drinker and have never tasted such great coffee before. It's obvious to me these owners spend time looking for the best for their guests.
- Will RSVP restaurants for you
- At the heart of Biltmore Village for Shopping
- Three blocks from the Biltmore entrance
- They can get tickets to Biltmore for you so you don't have to waste time.
- You're not competing with a lot of Traffic (next to the interstate, shopping center, biltmore, and food)
- Super Intimate, and Private if you get your own cottage (which is the secret)
- Beautiful mountain view. I couldn't find other B&B's with this.
- Next to several gas stations (although I'd recommend going elsewhere since the prices are usually 10 cents more)
- Food :: There is tons of food if you go down Hendersonville rd, and the MacDonalds is open 24 hours.
- They keep your rooms clean and the area clean. I was a little wary about leaving laptops and such out because I've had bad experiences in the past. But they cleaned the rooms and everything was in tact. They are very trustworthy.

Will I be back and will I tell others about this little gem? You bet I will. That's why I spent the last hour writing this review. I'll tell my friends, and my extended family. In fact as a business person, I could even see my wife and I just coming up for some relaxation.

And you know what the best part of it all was? My now wife told me "This is the best experience I have had in my life...I want you to plan our trips from now on". That made me feel happy after all the research I did, I was brought to Biltmore village Inn. But I have to say thanks Monica and Maryann for such a lovely experience - because if it weren't for them, the beautiful scenery and cottage wouldn't have made the best experience!

Room Tip: Get a cottage if you want extreme privacy. The Innkeepers are awesome, and they bend over backwards...
1  Thank STEPHEN L
Reviewed October 28, 2012

A fantastic hotel in a fantastic scenery. I was lucky to stay there in October, which probably is the most beutiful time to be in Asheville. The weather was georgeous and the panoramic view from the room was breath taking.
The atmosphere is quiet and comforting. Even if the hotel is very big, it gives you a cosy feeling. The staff are all very helpful and pleasant.
Breakfast is first class - do not stop before you have tried the baked French Toast!!
And do not miss out on one of the Biltmore Estate own wines for dinner.
I rented a bike in the bikebarn 3 min walk from the hotel. There are so many trails to chose between, (and I did them all).
The Biltmore Estate was perhaps what I had the least interest in, but I am so glad that I finally did the tour. The audio guided tour gives you the whole story and in your own pace.
I enjoyed the the 3 day stay with a very good friend, but I am sure the Biltmore Inn will offer any single, family or group the same wonderful memories to take home

Room Tip: Our room was facing out on the hills and the village. Absolutely perfect!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would not stay at any other place in Asheville. It is a great location. Just minutes from downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Estate. Very warm and helpful staff. Over the top food. The house is very clean and top notch. Very warm and romantic!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We only booked in for a 2 nights stay but loved it so much we ended up staying for 4 nights. This B & B is more like a 5 star hotel. We stayed in two different rooms each one was wonderfully furnished, the beds were huge and so comfortable. The bathrooms were a real luxury, with a fireplace and huge whirlpool bath.
The breakfast was amazing and to sit watching the mountains on the porch whilst sipping your coffee will be an experience we will never forget.
All the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for you. Thanks for a wonderful 4 days!
We will be back, even though its a long way from England!

Room Tip: The Vanderbilt room was fantastic!