“Enjoyable Lunch with Art”

Piazza Wood Fired Oven
Ranked #147 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Amelia Island, Florida
“Enjoyable Lunch with Art”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We chose the wood fired Pollo pizza with roasted chicken, carmelized onions, mozz and basil. The crust was very light and pizza toppings were fresh and quite delicious. We had the Soprano salad with roasted peppers and a tasty Italian dressing made in house.

The service was outstanding! We never had to ask for anything--she anticipated everything! This is hard to find these days.

The art work is very interesting as it is industrial type with a flair. We would like to try dinner as well.

• Visited August 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Nice Little Diddy!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I love this place! For a time, the service seemed a little touch and go, but lately, I can say it has been consistent, and I mean for at least a year or so. The food is always fresh, and if you have a special request, the try everything possible to make it work.

I like to order the personal size Greek Salad and add grilled chicken. It is a healthy portion, and the price is even healthier! I believe the salad is $3.99 and the grill chicken adds another $3.00. You can also request salmon or shrimp. (Not sure about the price, but I am sure it's close.)

They have also added some great specials: The lunch special during the week is a (huge) slice of pizza, a side salad, and a drink, for around $7.00. They also have family night on Wednesday where you get 4 soft drinks, a large pizza, and a family style salad for $20.00. Great value for families, eh?

They also have wonderful desserts. The 7-layer chocolate cake is divine! The owner also picks out his own coffee beans and makes his own blend of coffee. It is always fresh and wonderful! We often go there just for the cake and joe! This is a nice, consistent restaurant if you are looking for a relaxing evening, and not just for pasta. Try Mama's Meatloaf! It's simply to die for.

Visited August 2013
Asheville,NC
“Dependably Delicious”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have eaten at Piazza several times and have always been satisfied. Other reviewers have mentioned reasons why-- quality food, good service, friendly atmosphere--and I agree with all of them. Of special note is the Family Bowl option that features a pasta selection along with a salad choice, all served family style for a very economical and tasty family or small group meal. Piazza is in the Reynolds community (that includes several schools) and is a very popular choice for families. It has been open for several years and was a success from the beginning--hitting its stride immediately and not slowing down since.

However a recent experience is worth noting. Last week Piazza was the dinner choice for our monthly ,Thursday night" Ladies Night Out." Even though they don't take reservations, there were 10 of us which is a large enough group to make an exception. We were seated at the end of the restaurant and although we had arrived fairly early, the noise was deafening--making conversation--even across from each other--all but impossible. Luckily an outside table had cleared, so 4 of us were allowed to move there which helped the remaining six carry on more easily. Even though we expected some noise, we weren't prepared for the intensity of it and for future meetings we will choose lunch instead.

Nevertheless, we were delighted with our meals. The server for our table was excellent--efficient, courteous, fast and accurate delivery AND check processing. Tip is not included--even for groups of 6 more more. Food arrived quickly with varieties ranging from a Portobello Wrap , several pizzas, and Eggplant Parmigiana--all excellent and beautifully presented. The portions are hearty so there is plenty to take home also.

Although our ears were ringing, we left very satisfied with good food served in an attractive atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Attended a Rehearsal Dinner”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I had no choice of what I ate, drank, or did because someone else footed the bill but the food was all very fresh and very tasty, and the service was outstanding.

I never had an empty drink. There were a ton of us and we never had to wait for anything, actually. The pasta was delicious, as was the salad. Great beer selection on tap, and pretty good wine as well. I would definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Awesome Food and GREAT Service”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Several different groups I belong and my own often pick this place to meet. I personally eat there about 2-3 times a month. The food is truly excellent an so is the service. The pizza I believe is the best in Asheville and the specials are outstanding, especially the roasted vegetables. I try to stay away from the tempting desserts but don't always succeed. Try this place, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013