“Awesome food”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I was very impressed with this resturant. Very good ingredients, specials, drinks, etc. I cannot say ive been to a mexican resturant anything like this before. If youre being experimental try the banana nut salsa or the pineapple-caper-habanero salsa. They were my favs even though i wasnt expecting it.

Reviewed December 22, 2008

My wife and I were in Asheville for a long weekend and wanted to try Salsa's. We went Sunday night at 5:15, and the restaurant was closed. They opened at 5:30. No problem, we decided to walk around for 15-20 minutes. We were back at 5:45, and the restaurant was packed! We waited, and the it was so worth it. I had the pork relleno, and it was unbelievable. The flavors were amazing! I can see how someone might get a little overwhelmed, but I thought it was fantastic. My wife had a special, the salmon, and the flavors were great as well. I thought it was a really original restaurant and I didn't expect to find it in Ashville, NC.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Good ingredients but the mix is just too busy. Sometimes less is more.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 26, 2008

My husband and I go to Asheville once or twice a year, and we had seen this restaurant before and wanted to try it. We like to eat early so we got there (on a Sunday) at about 6:15 and waited about 15 minutes for a table, but they get people in and out fairly quickly. I had the roasted chicken "pacquet" which is like a grilled burrito. It was fantastic - the chicken was tender and juicy and the flavors are complex and delicious. Some of the reviews here are that the food is expensive - there is a salsa appetizer that is very expensive at $9 for chips and three salsas, and the top shelf margaritas are expensive ($12.95 for the Patron). Other than that, we found it very reasonable - under $10 for most entrees. Our server was great - rather rushed, but very nice and answered all of our questions. I heartily recommend Salsa!!

Reviewed October 15, 2008

pretty good, they aim high. The normal chips/sauce served as a comp at most mexican restaurants carry a charge here, but it's worth it. One order of salsa/chips is 4 bucks but you can get 3 of their 6 or 7 salsa's for 8 bucks. Thats what we ordered --they were wonderful but I can't understand why they serve 3 salsa'a in an undivided bowl. They all run together. they have very different flavors and should be served seperately.

The other adjustment i would make is to seperate the main dish from the beans/salad green/side. My burrito was served atop the beans which made the burrito very soggy after just a few minutes. Salsa's were truely great, burrito's and chimmi's were decent. expect a 18% mandatory added tip for parties of 5 or more. don't really like that kincking in at 5 people. Our waiter was pretty unhappy that day he would have not gotten 18%.

MD