“Great downtown nightlife”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Had a great meal at Salsas. Go early, eat outside in alley, get the octopus and shrimp cocktail followed by the slow-roasted pork Jibaro. Then go listen to street musicians perform on the corner till 10:00PM. Have dessert at French Broad Chocolate Lounge.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We loved this place soooo much. OK, I got a Pom Pom Pom. It was FANTASTIC!!!! Its the wooden bowl filled with awesome. I got the BEST margaritas I have EVER had in my life! They make their own sour mix for it. Staff was really great, server was super awesome, The flavors were just insane.. the mixture of fruit and veggies and rice and pork and OMG! We got so full and still had a whole meals worth to take in a go box. I miss this place so much. I would almost drive back for the day just to eat there again. SO GOOD. Go! Go EAT! Please dont miss this place!!

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

What a treat! We ordered the nachos and the steak paquete. The flavor of the meat in both dishes was spot on...complex sauces worked together to make our taste buds dance. The guac was fresh and super tasty too. We tried the ginger hibiscus tea which has a spicy kick in the background...interesting but I would ask for it to be sweetened next time. Would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

DIshes with combos/flavors that were unique, and very good. Great mojitos. Only complaint is that the restaurant is very small, and tables are very close.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This mexican/caribbean restaurant offers tasty interesting creations at a reasonable price. I try to eat vegetarian and Salsa gave me a lot to choose from which I appreciated. Everything we ordered was delicious, very flavorful. There were also many good local, mexican, and caribbean beers available. The service was great.

1  Thank Virginia N