“Our favorite restaurant in Asheville!”

Salsa Mexican Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
“Our favorite restaurant in Asheville!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travel to Asheville every year, and we NEVER miss a chance to at here! Very relaxed atmosphere, and fun staff, with AMAZING food never disapoints!

1 Thank rcain2013

• Korean first
Dallas, Texas
“Something beside grits”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

It was a good fusion of Mexican and Caribbean with spicy kicks to some dishes and interesting presentation taking the Caribbean influences with the pilon as the vessel for serving and a highly heated molcajete for another. We're a little critical perhaps as my husband's part Puerto Rican and I've grown up with Mexican influences. Though it was a nice meal, we don't feel compelled to return yet might recommend it. It's a popular place and no reservations.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ckingw
simplify4y@ymail.com
“50% Good”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I loved my Vegan Pom-Pm-Pom! I would certainly go back again for this delicious dish. However, my two college age daughters did not like their chicken enchiladas. What also made this dining experience negative was the apathetic attitudes of the staff. The Hostess barely smiled and the waiter was non apologetic when the chicken enchiladas arrived with mushrooms embedded in the cheese when there was no mention of mushrooms on the menu nor from our requests. Instead of saying "I am sorry and I will get this taken care of right away", I had to beg for him to acknowledge that this was a mistake on the restaurant and then he offered for a new mushroom-less entree. Seriously, the attitude here put a distasteful taste in my mouth and will not come back for awhile.

• Visited October 2013
Anderson, South Carolina
“Real Caribbean Mexican taste”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Love the Pan Fried Plantains as a great starter. The set menu is great. But the daily menu will test you taste bids to the limit. This will inspire you the rest of the day. The drinks are not bad either. Come get some of this lovin.

Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Every meal is an adventure!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Eating as Salsa's is always an adventure. Their flavors never cease to amaze me. Their ability to layer so many distinct flavors within the same dish is an art. Our party of 5 arrived yesterday at the end of the lunch period when the kitchen was closing to transfer to the dinner dishes but you never would have known that from either the food or the service. Both were exquisite. A visit to Asheville is not complete without a meal at Salsa's.

• Visited October 2013