“Margareta Not Worth It”

Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Marietta, GA
“Margareta Not Worth It”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife told me how great the margareta's were at Salsa's- so I finally took her there. We found a generic alcohol margareta to be in a VERY SMALL glass and Way over priced. I guess they felt I was a tourist and wouldn't be back_ WRONG I live here and WON"T be back. Got me once but not again!!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank twlb4

• Korean first
Cartersville, Georgia
“mexican with a carribean twist”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

a hidden jewel that we found several years ago in downtown asheville. best mexican food ever. pork dishes are speciality including carribean pork tenderlion pom,pom. this dish is to share. enough for two. it is served in a special carved wooden bowl..special ever day. all made from fresh ingredents. little funky decor. seating space is restricted.aviod rush call.varied carribean and mexcian menu. donot go away we will return. great for singles,couples, small groups.great presentations. thanks for no making mexican boring

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Unique And Awesome South Of The Border Cuisine”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our appetizer order of fried plantains with guacamole is literally served with a twist. As our waiter delivers them he ask if we had ever seen “the plate trick”.

I feel like I am watching the David Letterman show as he swirls our plate around on one hand before placing it on the table.

Since it is our first time dining here we inquire about the portions of the main courses and we are glad we did.

A single order of slow roasted pork with cilantro and all the trimmings is more than enough to feed two. We did have to have an additional side order of fresh warm and soft corn tortillas to finish it all.

Salsas also has some interesting alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. I have the “Homemade Ginger Brew” that is made with tons of ginger and pineapple juice. Refreshingly delicious.

Although Asheville offers tons of dining options a return trip to Salsas will still always be in the cards for me as this is a great restaurant with a nice creative menu.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food, and fun too!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Casual food, but very good. was there multiple times this visit as there is a good variety. Be prepared to stand in line, but is worth it.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Very good Mexican food= Downtown”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The food was fresh, tasty, and well flavored. The staff were polite, friendly and competent. A solid choice for Mexican food downtown.