“My favorite Asheville retaurant”

Salsa Mexican Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 784 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Abingdon VA
“My favorite Asheville retaurant”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in town. I find myself shaking my head through out the whole every time. You know, the head shake where you can't believe how good the food in your mouth is? Or maybe I shake my head because I know the meal has to end and I never want it to. I love this place and you could too!

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Barcelona
“A treasure”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A small restaurant with a large taste. The food is delicious, and the staff is very helpful. They source locally as much as possible, and then do wonderful things with spices that titillate your taste buds.

Visited November 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Delicious food”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We came for lunch around 11:30 and were seated quickly. The placed filled up very fast. The food was delicious. I had the burrito with pork (maybe called the Cubano?) and my husband had he chicken tacos. We loved it! Our server was friendly and offered great suggestions. We will definitely eat here again!

• Visited March 2013
“Unique and delicious flavors”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love this place. I always get the empanada with tofu. They have great guacamole and the jalapeno margarita is awesome. It is better to go for lunch because the prices are better. My only complaint is the dinner prices. Noone ever wants to split the empanada with me. It is huge! If I take it home it gets soggy. So, I can't justify spending a lot of money on something I can't finish or take home. Just go at lunch and you will be fine. It is wonderful. I love the cactus decor too!

Visited March 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Overrated”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

It's been a while since I've been, but the experiences I had were consistently disappointing. Nearly each time we went, they were out of salsa. I understand that restaurants want to make things fresh and when they're out, they're out, but come on. Your restaurant is called Salsa's!!! Make enough of it! If you want to try one of Hector's restaurants, check out Chorizo in the Grove Arcade, especially for a delicious brunch!

• Visited April 2012