“Great food!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The food was really good and they had big portions. It was really fresh and different from other Mexican restaurants. We really enjoyed the burrito and also had nachos for an appetizer. They definitely had a Carribean taste to them and were very flavorful and delicious. The margaritas were alright and not the best. The service was amazing! The waiter was very helpful and even made suggestions for things to do in the afternoon in Asheville. Highly recommend for lunch!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

HORRIBLE experience! We were told it would be a 15 minute wait and no less that 45 minutes later we were still standing and waiting for a table. Much, much worse than that was the staff's appallingly NASTY attitudes towards us! They all but told us to leave. Their faces, body language and temperament SCREAMED that they did NOT WANT us in their restaurant. They did NOT WANT our business. We never ate there. We finally gave up and left starving and went to another restaurant that welcomed us to dine there. It was an awfully terrible experience with a restaurant...I have never had such an encounter as this in my life. DON'T EAT THERE! Go somewhere else that actually wants your business.

1  Thank Christy L
Reviewed February 26, 2013

While this little restaurant may not look worth your while (or the wait) trust me, it is! Salsa Mexican only sets about 30 people so arrive early and get your name on the list. The hostess will come find your at the neighboring bar so you can get a drink while your wait. My husband tried the special, which was goat and said it was fantastic. I had steak fajitas that we really very good as well. The chef has talent with seasoning the food to perfection, the vegetables were especially good.

The food arrived at our table only 10 minutes after ordering it, with that small of a restaurant the staff is very adept at turning the tables quickly, which means your wait time is shorter!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I sat by the door where every time it opened I almost froze to death The menu stated my dish included a fried egg. It's the first time I've ever seen one that did not include a yoke. The meat was portrayed to be steak. I imagine shoe leather would be more tender. The plate included so many different ingredients most were Indiscernible When ordering the waiter asked me if I would like chili sauce and cheese sauce on my plate Sure why not I responded. Little did I know I would be charged for both of these solicited choices. My guest and I were never asked how our meal was. He was too busy playing tricks with his plate. I feel ripped off that I chose to spend Margarita day here

2  Thank Kiawahkat43
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Fresh, creative food that rocks my palate. Service can be iffy and prices a little high,, but still worth the trip.