“Cafeteria food at its best”

J & S Cafeteria Incorporated
Ranked #434 of 809 Restaurants in Asheville
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The J&S at River Ridge has the best Cole slaw of any of the J&S cafeterias. Whoever is making the slaw that goes with the white fish makes it just a little bit better than. That is my favorite dish and I always end up getting it. The newest thing is the service in the dining area. The bus boys have become almost waiters. They take your tray, they fill you drinks, and they get anything else you need. Very nice on their part and makes for a better experience. This is a good go to place. If we are in question about where to eat we always end up here.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you are in the mood for down home country cooking and don't mind standing in a cafeteria line, this place is for you. The fried fish was fantastic, just like Mom made during Lent when I was growing up. Lots of pilots in the line, and you know if they are repeat customers it must be good. The server in our area was friendly and helpful. Everything we had was piping hot and well seasoned but it was standard cafeteria, southern cooking. Don't go in expecting to get healthy California cuisine. Also, try to notice what the regulars are ordering and what is frequently replaced so you will get is freshly made. My friend had the vegetable plate, five different veggies and all done perfectly. She also had pie for dessert and said it was great.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

If you're ever in town and looking for a home cooked meal, this is the place where you want to be. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere real cozy.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

When people come to visit me I ask them if they want to go to a fancy high priced restaurant or do they want to get a home cooked meal southern style. Because that what this place is real food at a great price.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was poor to below average and place needs sprucing up. A cafeteria that need so love. One member of our group did not eat a single item on her plate--one bite and it was enough. Personally, I would have rather paid for my meal at another place but was part of the trip.