“Memorial Day mayhem” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Memorial Day mayhem”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We did not know on Memorial Day that veterans eat free and this place would be under siege. That being said, I do get upset when one of my favorite chains kind of ignores basic things because of high occupancy. The booth we were sat in did not even appear to have been cleaned from the night before as I instantly stuck to the seat when sliding in. I was handed a dirty damp towel to clean it off with.
Next, I thought I would have to stand on my head to get the management to exchange an item. (To explain the exchange, I am hooked on Applebee's riblets and seem to always order them. This time, they were tough and chewy, and just plain, you know, not good.) I tried to opt for something else, and got a very indignant manager who said because I was "full of riblets" I was not just going to switch to something else "on his watch". I pointed out I had only tried 3 different ones, and they were all tough, and there they all were, still on the plate.You would have thought I was trying to get a free meal, like 95% of the patrons already were.

My husband, the veteran, was very pleased with his meal, by the way. And it was off the regular menu as well, so there was really no excuse for the attitude.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Kacie K

“Typical chain”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sometimes good, sometimes fair. The place could be maintained cleaner (I realize they have high turnover of clientele as it is reasonably priced). Too much fried food offered... wish it was more healthy in their consideration of offerings.

Visited June 2012
Highlands, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“chain restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Food is pretty boring. Home made chips were soggy. Just poor overall experience. In the area of so many unique places to eat do not go to a chain!

Visited January 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fat & Salty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

American food does not have to be unhealthy! Let's lighten up an the calories...

Visited January 2012
Arden, North Carolina
“It's Applebee's....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

And it's exactly what you would expect. Period. Quick food. Mediocre service depending on luck of the draw.

Visited November 2011