“Our Favorite Italian Chain Restaurant!”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #219 of 787 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Our Favorite Italian Chain Restaurant!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

On a recent trip to Asheville last month, we dined at their local Carrabba's Italian Grill. As usual, we found both the quality of their food, as well as their service, consistently high, and on par with other Carrabba's locations that we have dined at around the country. Since this location was situated approximately 5 minutes from where we were staying, and after a busy day of sightseeing, we ended up dining there twice, and we were more than satisifed with our meals on both occasions. We also had the same server both of those times, and she recognized our faces the second time that we walked into the restaurant. She was very pleasant, as well as efficient, and even took the time to give us a few suggestions regarding things to do while we were staying in Asheville, which we greatly appreciated. Since we currently don't have a Carrabba's Italian Grill in the Pittsburgh area, we always make it a special point to look for one whenever we are traveling, because we always know that we are going to enjoy a delicious meal, with wonderful service, and receive a great value for our dollar.

Bergen County, NJ
“Good Food, Good Service, but Different Every Night”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed a week in Asheville and Carrabba's was convenient to the hotel I was staying at and after long days of sightseeing that's what I wanted most, convenient. I've eaten at Carrabba's in other cities and knew they were pretty good about making tweaks to the items on the menu to accommodate food allergies as well as general food likes/disklikes. This one was no different. The servers were attentive and friendy; and for the most part, knew the menu though some tried to tell me diffferently. For instance, I ordered the same side salad every night and every night it was slightly different - sometimes with tomatoes, sometimes with onion, with varying amounts of olives, sometimes no carrots, etc. And one night when I asked for extra olives, I was told the salads do not come with olives. Really?!? I guess I was imaging those delicious calamata olives all week! As for the food, I requested gluten-free prepared chicken and the first few nights it came withdout seasoning, but then it started coming with seasoning (and quick spicy too). No, I didn't just suddently notice it, it wasn't there the other nights! But all the food was tasty, hot, tender and delicious. Special orders and requests, no problem. Manager Andrew (with tattoos on his arm) is wonderful and made me feel as if I was at home every time I saw him.

Rushville, Illinois
“Pretty Good for A Chain”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Not a big fan of chain restaurants when out traveling for pleasure, but it was convenient and we were tired and hungry. What a pleasure. We were seated right away, even though they were very busy. Very pleasant waitress and the food was better than expected. Crab cake appetizers were great. My wife and I usually order different items so we can sample and share. There was minimal sharing as we each enjoyed our orders. The desserts looked inviting so we did share this and the waitress happily brought an extra dish and silverware for us to use. I would hate to imagine trying to eat all of that helping size by myself. Very good food, service and atmosphere .

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Surprisingly good food for a chain restaurant. Minestrone soup tasted homemade with tons of fresh vegetables. We had calamari, light and tender, Tag Pic Pac pasta with crushed tomatoes, garlic, oil & basil and Sostanza pasta with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, spinach in tomato basil sauce. Everything was really good and portions large enough to take home for lunch the next day. Very attentive wait staff refilling soda glasses and bread basket. All at very reasonable prices...try it. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

“overall average”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

the location was convenient to the hotel, so we went over to have a late dinner. I was a little disappointed with the quality of service, as it wasn't the busy when we were there. The server was friendly, just not very attentive (refilled drinks after meal was done, took a long time to bring checks when meal was complete). The food was good, but nothing that was extraordinary.

Visited May 2013