“Fresh, Homemade & Delicious ”
Review of Sunshine Sammies

Sunshine Sammies
Ranked #16 of 47 Dessert in Asheville
Description: Artisan bake shop & creamery located on the South Slope in downtown Asheville! Featuring all natural and unique twists on childhood favorites. We source local dairy, produce, and collaborate with other local businesses for a uniquely Asheville treat!
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

We love traditional ice cream sandwiches, so trying Sunshine Sammies was a no brainer for us. We had the strawberry ice cream sammie with sugar cookies & the salted caramel sammie with chocolate cookies. All ingredients are homemade & the sammies are made to order. Prices are reasonable & the portions are big enough to share (although I wouldn't advise). Be sure to stop by for a great ice cream treat!

Date of visit: June 2019
Susie P, Owner at Sunshine Sammies, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Thanks for stopping by, we're so glad that you enjoyed it!

Write a reviewReviews (81)

Reviewed July 5, 2019

This place we stumbled into on our stay in Asheville. It was amazing! I loved the fresh, cold ice cream sandwich that they let you create.

Date of visit: July 2019

Thanks for stopping by!

Reviewed July 3, 2019

Have been wanting to try this place. The cookies were really good and ice cream also. The young woman behind the counter was very personable but could have used some help on a busy summer afternoon with customers. She was doing everything, so we had to wait a bit. It's a lot of sugar so will be awhile before we return.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 25, 2019 via mobile

Yes. we were here in March and after an afternoon of breweries we were ready for a snack This place did it for me. Can you say Home Made Icecream sandwiches made to order? Nuff said. Hit this place ip.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I came here on a rainy day to hide from the weather and have some ice cream. I’m not a big fan of ice cream and barely eat it. But this place was an exception. We were offered to try samples, I tried sour cream rhubarb and lemon olive oil. The second one was original but I wasn’t sure about olive oil aftertaste in my dessert so I got sour cream rhubarb. My husband got double doodle snickerdoodle sammie and ice cream and I ate third of it. If you like ice cream, you will love this authentic place with ice cream made of local milk.

Date of visit: June 2019

We're so glad that you enjoyed it!